The Reissue Thread!

Good question, I was certainly shocked when the 2nd single flopped there at #25. That sort of thing happened a lot over here, but in the US it never seemed so brutal. I suppose by 1988, Guns N Roses had happened, the "alternative mainstream" was gaining momentum, and pop had headed in a Rick/George Michael/TTD direction, more dance-influenced. Everything was starting to splinter, as it had in the UK, and Huey Lewis was probably the most high-profile casualty of that change.
Small World, although my favourite of theirs, didn’t really sound like a single. Give Me The Keys should have been the next one out, then maybe Old Antone’s.

Small World, although my favourite of theirs, didn’t really sound like a single. Give Me The Keys should have been the next one out, then maybe Old Antone’s.
Yeah...Walking With The Kid was another that should have been the 2nd or 3rd choice. I think it was issued in Britain about 6 months after the album!

Interesting topic. I loved Huey Lewis and the News, and I always though Huey was hot and charismatic. I loved Sports and Fore but was lukewarm to Perfect World. They just fell out of favour with me but between 1983 and 1987 they were tops.

341841683_164120919918112_7429458660682982288_n.jpg

Now That's What I Call Legendary out 26th May (I would have called it Now That's What I Call Barrel Scraping)

Great tracklisting but nothing to have me buy it.

Interesting to see Sweet Caroline. I don't think that song or artist really does the compilation circuit! But yeah, this isn't what I'm looking for in a compilation. Perhaps a new NOW Pride?