The Reissue Thread! | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Her first two, The World Starts Tonight (1977) and Natural Force (1978).

2. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Ah! That would be VERY useful for me, since the 90s reissue I found in Oxfam last year actually had a totally different album on the CD (Uriah Heap's Greatest Hits). So I still don't have that, although I do have about 9 of the 10 songs on various compilations of hers.

EG.

3. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I haven't come around to buying them yet but they have some nifty bonus tracks on, they seem like good value for money. And I have actually just realised her next two albums, Diamond Cut (1979) and Goodbye To The Island (1981) are getting the same remaster treatment and are out on the 15th of February!

4. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I shall have to look into all of those! Diamond Cut is one I don't have in any form at all.

EG.

5. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

any idea why the Eighth Wonder album is not on iTunes or 7digital? The Kim Wilde reissues were on iTunes at the time of release. I really only want Stay With Me.

6. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Hi all

Well, I got a reply from Cherry Red!!

Hi <my name>

Thank you for your e-mail.

As the project manager that put together the Eighth Wonder CD, I thought I should get back to you to explain the situation.

1/ Baby Baby (Dance Mix) - You are absolutely right. We have included the wrong version. I have looked into how this regretable error occurred. The problem has been found to have happened during the mastering stage of the production. The album is compiled/mastered and I then listen through to the master for any technical problems (sound) assuming that we've included the correct versions. Obviously during this process the wrong version was used from the master source. Until you pointed it out it had not be detected so I'm grateful that you've brought this to our attention. We are already in the process of creating a new master that can be used at the time of the re-press. If you please let me have your postal address I'll gladly send you a copy of the re-press as soon as it has been completed in the future. By way of apology, if you'd like to select another CD from our catalgoue I'll get it sent to you as a matter of urgency.

2/ I'm Not Scared (Disco Mix) - Again you're right about the ending being different from the original version. This time however it was a known problem and one beyond our control. We were using the original production master as supplied by Sony. We detected a problem on the master just before the end of the track that we just couldn't rectify. It was a problem on the original 1630 format master tape. So we took the decision to fade slightly early. I hope you'll appreciate that we couldn't really do anything else except remove the track from the album which I didn't want to do.

I really appreciate you taking the time to contact me to point out these problems and I hope this explains the situation. I'm sorry that the problems occurred.

Best wishes

I emailed him back thanking him for the reply and querying about whether it would have been possible to use the original CD single to restore the ending - I also included an MP3 of a quick cut/paste of it that I just made myself!!

7. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

The email was nice - well done. I never got one when I moaned about Belouis Some though! Bah.

8. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

What were the problems with it?

9. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

It's transfered from bad vinyl.

10. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

One here!

Just been making a Terry Hall anthology, so these reissues are a little late for me in terms of being able to make full use of them for that, but I only have V&P in mp3 format (one of the very few iTunes albums I ever bought in full, as it had 20 tracks) so a proper CD would still be good.

EG.

11. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I wish they would re release Terry Blair And Anouchka's 'Ultra Modern Nursery Rhymes'. Ive got it on Vinyl but because of that I never play it much. I noticed the album can be downloaded but I want it on CD!

12. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

It was reissued a few years back, but obviously it's been deleted again. I agree, though that it's an excellent album and I'm guessing it'll get the reissue treatment once again.

13. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Bugger.... I had no idea. I shall have to wait for another reissue.......'Ulta Modern Nursery Rhyme' is one of those songs that just makes you feel happy! I have quite a few recordings of the videos of 'Missing' and 'Ultra Modern Nursery Rhyme' recorded from the chart show. One day I really shall up load (when I know how to do it) all the music video's and TV performances I have recoded since 1983. It's such a shame as I have a couple of large boxes of music videos just sat in the spare room.

14. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Terry Blair And Anouchka's 'Ultra Modern Nursery Rhymes' was actually re-issued by Cherry Red as well! So, I would imagine an email to them might help... it's obviously something they could re-print and with The Colourfield due out, it may even be on the cards already.

15. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Thanks. I have just found it on HMV..... I don't know why I didn't check there before.

16. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

It's strange that a fully intact and remastered 'Disco Mix' appears on 'Disco Discharge - Euro Disco', which was released 3 months prior to this? Hmmm.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=040EMGM88JTT3GJ8SF6Z

17. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Sounds like Sony could be palming Cherry Red off with inferior copies/versions of the mastertapes, if such a thing is possible.

EG.

18. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I wouldn't be surprised to hear the master tape was just not returned or put back in the right place given it was just provided for the Disco Discharge series? Someone ought to bring it to Cherry Red's attention. They can replace it when they re-press with the correct Baby Baby mix?

19. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

News out yesterday that Rick Astley's two PWL albums, "Whenever You Need Somebody" and "Hold Me In Your Arms" are to be released on new 2CD packages by Edsel on 12th April.

Very impressive collections. Only one unreleased track (Tony King's "Hold Me In Your Prayers" mix of HMIYA) as far as the news goes, but a few rare ones and instrumentals too.

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=4999

http://www.demonmusicgroup.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=5000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.