The Reissue Thread! | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Tracey Thorn just announced on Facebook that "there is going to be a deluxe 2xCD reissue of each of the first four EBTG albums (Eden, Love Not Money, Baby The Stars Shine Bright, and Idlewild). Each will include b-sides, demos and session tracks from the time, and release is scheduled for the end of May. We're hoping there will be download, and possibly vinyl versions too."

Edit: Someone asked her if they'll be remastered and she said yes. Yay!

2. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I had no idea that was coming! I was raised on these Diana tracks, so needless to say this is going to be essential for me.

Thank you for the information Mr. Viva!

3. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

More 2CD compilations coming from Music Club Deluxe this month - Go West, Living In A Box and China Crisis!

4. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Amazing news, thanks !

Baby the Stars Shine Bright in particular sure needs a remastering.

5. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Deluxe editions of Aretha's Who's Zoomin' Who and Deborah Cox coming in April. I was just about to digitise all my Aretha 12" singles from that era, so I'll save myself the bother now!

6. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I'm very excited about the Aretha, but I think I have most (all?) of the Deborah Cox remixes on the CD singles. But with that, and the Diana Ross deluxe, plus the Nona Hendryx and LaToya Jackson reissues, this is going to be an expensive month for me...

7. pdf

pdf

Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Nona Hendryx? Which albums, who is re-issueing them? Are they any good?

8. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

The Art of Defense and Nona. They're being re-issued by Funky Town Grooves, who put out an expanded version of her album The Heat last year. I have that one, and it's been done to a good standard, so I shall be getting these two too - they're not among her best received albums, but I like them both very much. Nona in particular, has two of her best songs on it, in Keep It Confidential and Transformation, both of which have remixes as bonus tracks on the re-issue.

9. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Definitely getting the LaToya ones and I keep hoping that one day we will get the RCA album re-issued with all the mixes on. Diana is "in the post" and excited that we're approaching my favourite two 70s Motown albums from her, from a re-issue perspective - "Baby It's Me" and "Ross 78". Also ordered Patrice Rushen "Watch Out" expanded, coming in April, and I see her "Patrice" album follows in May, but no tracklist yet. I already have the Wounded Bird version but am a sucker for Ms Rushen so will be buying again in the hope it improves on the last pressing somehow.

Now, if only someone would include the US 12" Mix of "I Was Tired Of Being Alone" on something Rushen-esque I would be delighted.

10. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

The Go West one is a good selection of tracks, but all the remixes seem to just be from Bangs & Crashes, and I've got all the other stuff, so no need to get that one!

11. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Same here. It's a refreshingly complete selection though, even down to the Rocky IV and White Men Can't Jump songs.

I may get the Living In A Box, although if they only had 2 albums I'm not sure where they've managed to find 30 tracks from!

12. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

It's basically the two albums (minus the 'Living In A Box' Reprise), 6 remixes, and their 5 B-sides!

It looks like the only track missing (which isn't a remix) is 'Superheroes', which was on the CD version of the 1st album.

13. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Ah, so it has B-sides?! Consider it bought.

Now I need to check if my CD copy of debut album has that bonus track.

14. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

How odd! That's usually in the HMV 2 for 10s almost every time I look. I'd passed on it due to having all his albums, but maybe I'll change my mind if the sound on this comp is better.

His first four albums are just about flawless AOR.

15. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

There are 2 CD sets of Paula Abdul and Sheena Easton due next month too, but so far no tracklists.

16. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

Oooh I'll be excited to hear about the Paula ones! I wonder if it will be the first two albums?

17. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

And I might well be interested in the Sheena one, as all I own by her is an old best of and a couple of random singles - if this is even vaguely comprehensive it'll be a must buy for me.

18. Re: The 80s CD reissue thread! (incl. Cherry Pop, Lemon, Edsel etc)

I hope it's Paula's first two albums - Spellbound in particular is a favourite of mine.

It would be great if it was a comprehensive Sheena singles collection with What Comes Naturally on it, her best song by a mile if you ask me!

There are also another batch of the excellent Disco Discharge CDs coming out April and May:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_i=B002I639QQ

One of which randomly, but excitingly, features Run With Us by Lisa Lougheed (aka the theme tune from The Raccoons!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.