The Reissue Thread! | Page 992 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Alternatively, given what vinyl costs these days that 3CD set seemed great value to me!

nlgbbbblth and Eric Generic like this.
  2. I might get it if an HMV near me decides to stock it.

hamicle likes this.
  3. I was shocked the other day when I dug out my Best of Donna Summer CD, the one released around 1990 and only around 12 tracks. It had it's price sticker on it. I paid £15.99 for that CD for 12 tracks!.

What I find funny is new Vinyl is around £20 when back in 1987 new albums on vinyl were £5.99 in Woolworths.

4. Yeah cause CDs were a luxury item / a novelty in the 80s and vinyl is a luxury item / a novelty in the...now.

hamicle and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Yes, most of time double the price of cassettes or vinyl. Also if you live out of London like I did (Surrey), they were also hard to come by as were not well stocked because of the expense. They did not sell as well in the sticks.

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. Until about 1988/89, I had to get most of my CDs from Central London. Lots of late night errands to Tower for my Dad!

7. [​IMG]

Now out on July 6th from Hot Shot Records. Looks like they've changed the artwork. It's definite apparently.

Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  8. Will this have their best song No Question on it? I couldn't believe that was The Nolans when I first heard it! For anyone unfamiliar it was the B-side to I'm In The Mood For Dancing '89 and is a slice of Miami freestyle genius! It sounds more Expose than Nolans... Sadly not on Youtube but I'd buy this to get that in CD quality.

9. As that's a b-side to a later re-recording of I'm In The Mood, it wont be on a compilation of their greatest hits, no. That song is actually a cover, I think, of Barry Upton's (ex-Brotherhood Of Man, producer of Sonia, Steps, Dollar, Cheeky Girls) No Question About It.

idratherjack likes this.
  10. Wishful thinking on my part! I love it so.

11. The track listing is still on Amazon from the original release date which came and went.

12. Am I the only person who gets a blank space where these Amazon links are? It's been happening for a while now... I'll check it out on the site, am not really familiar with the Nolans beyond a couple of singles but I will probably get this.

13. Also recorded by my old friend Sandee (This Years Blonde "Who's That Mix") and produced by Barry Upton in 1990. Funnily enough I haven't thought about that song for years. I must dig out her version. If I remember right I actually sent a copy to Barry Upton who didn't have a copy anymore. The A side was to be Get It Up For Love, again, a Barry production of the David Cassidy song.

PS - is Barrys version of No Question About It online to hear?

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
  14. I'm surprised for once I'm not where you are. I see small custom-y thumbnails with the amazon logo and artwork of the release. It's the first time I used them and was surprised that simply copying any pasting the link the message resulted in that.

15. I used to have no bother with the Amazon links but lately nothing is there at all! I can't be the only one surely?

16. They don't show up for me either but I've just always figured it was due to my ad blocker.

17. I can see the amazon links.

18. Yes, I think it's certain browsers and ad blocks that don't work for the links.

biffy77 and Eric Generic like this.
  19. For those wanting the Cherry Red releases of 5 Star, you can get the first 3 for £45 pm on 991.com, the first album goes for near that price on it's own now it's out of print. There is limited stock. I have used this site before and they are normally very good.

https://991.com/Buy/ProductInformation.aspx?StockNumber=695313

20. Would anybody be up for a Siouxsie and the Banshee's thread? I've slowly been getting into them for the past 10 years and I'm currently head over heels with them, they've turned into an obsession...
    All the albums I didn't bother with I am currently loving, like Superstition for example.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.