The Reissue Thread! | Page 994 | The Popjustice Forum

The Reissue Thread!

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Eric Generic, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Doris from The Kids From Fame is in it?! Now I want to see it! She was always my favourite....

Is it a full on musical? Is Donna Summer the main character? Somehow this film has entirely passed me by but it sounds right up my street.

blod likes this.
  2. I have never seen it as well. Will do now though.

3. Valerie (Doris) and Terri play best friends who try to sneak into a disco. They have great chemistry and totally believable as best friends. It's just a fun, not-too-deep movie.

It's not a full-on musical. Lots of disco songs. Obviously "Last Dance" is the centrepiece but there are also songs by the Commodores, Thelma Houston and Diana Ross. The soundtrack which @KDX 125 referenced was reissued on CD a few years ago by Culture Factory. Culture Factory gets a lot of bad reviews but I thought they did a good job with this reissue. The sound is very good.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    idratherjack likes this.
  4. Mine is the Culture Factory (France) remaster released by Universal Europe in 2013. It's superb in every way. It's seems to be Culture Factory U.S. which is hit-and miss.

5. The discogs entry for the Culture Factory (France) reissue notes:
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-Tha...nal-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/5067560

There's also a Mercury/Polygram 2CD reissue from the late 1990s.

I don't know of any re-issue that includes both versions of the Diana Ross track (Disco/Electro).

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  6. On my copy, there's credits for all tracks across the three replica paper sleeves. The only "issue" is that the replica sleeve for the bonus 12" is empty, since the 15-minute mix of "Je t'aime [moi non plus]" is included on CD2.

7. Hopefully a blu ray of "Can't Stop The Music" is in the works as well. The soundtrack is getting a Japanese re-release in June.

hownee and KDX 125 like this.
  8. Caitlyn Jenner in short shorts walking around with The Village People needs HD.

whitesoxxx likes this.
  9. Humanracin likes this.
  10. I should have specified that I/we were discussing "Saturday Night Fever." The pre-order for the 1CD edition without the Blu-ray is here.

whitesoxxx likes this.
  11. 5 Star Boxset has been delayed 2 weeks, now coming out 13th July.

biffy77 likes this.
  12. Not surprisingly, David Bowie's Welcome to the Blackout: Live From London is being released on CD in June.

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. Cocteau Twins box set! Treasure Hiding: The Fontana Years 4CD. Date TBC, but I'd guess July/August. Instant purchase for me, even if I have it all... I simply love them.

14. Can’t see there being anything on there we don’t have already between 2 albums, 3 eps and the singles ... And none of the cd’s need ‘remastering’ ...

nlgbbbblth and Eric Generic like this.
  15. The two albums were already remastered a while back (2006 - no bonus tracks, in digipaks) but since then, they've been out of print, and the relevant EPs/singles and b-sides were last available on 2005's Lullabies To Violaine 4CD set. It doesn't seem that long ago, but 13 years have passed so here we are.

ModeRed, hamicle and Eric Generic like this.
  16. I'd buy a complete Cocteau Twins album and EP boxset, all in replica 4AD sleeves, using the original masters and not the 2005 versions.

17. Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Named after my favourite song on Milk & Kisses, instant purchase.
    This is probably a CD extension of the vinyl releases last year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.