The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #19) | Page 21 | The Popjustice Forum

The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #19)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What is your favorite Red Velvet album?

1. Ice Cream Cake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Red

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. The Velvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Russian Roulette

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rookie

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. The Red Summer

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. The Perfect Velvet/The Perfect Red Velvet

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. Summer Magic

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. RBB

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. The Reve Festival (Day 1 and/or Day 2 and/or Finale)

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Jumpin' is marvelous but it truly doesn't come close to other album tracks on the album such as Bing Bing or Carpool. Hear the Sea deserved top 30 imo.

mokimbird likes this.
  2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I’ve been suffering a lot with cramps this past couple of days and I have barely left my bed. I’m sorry for this momentary break, I’ll get back to write ups asap.

3. Take your time, hun♥

BeingNormal, camden_italian and ysev like this.
  4. Ugh I know the feeling, take all the time you need it's alright <33

evilsin and ysev like this.
  5. You're AWESOME and your health comes first! Wishing you rest and recovery :)

6. M24

M24

Hope you feel better soon, @eccentricsimply! You've been running the rate very smoothly. The downside for me is that I haven't had time to catch up until now haha.

I'm very very mad that Rebirth went out so soon at #85. I kind of expected it to not be a favorite, which is why I gave it a 10... but not even making it out of the bottom ten? That's sad. I can live with my other big losses Would U (9), Lucky Girl and Fool (7.75).. although I don't really agree with them leaving so early.

I am content I was the low scorer (probably for the first time in any rate as I'm not one to hand in low scores) for Jumpin' anyway, sweet vendetta! It's the blandest track on the Reve Festival, and I'm not too fussed about that whole project in general (though it has a few bops that deserve to do well of course).

Would like to see the few clunkers on The Perfect Red Velvet leave: that's Attaboy or Time to Love/About Love, my lowest scores left.

7. eccentricsimply

Results will resume tonight xx

junkos, ryjm, aux and 17 others like this.
  8. eccentricsimply

OKAY BAD NEWS

The bottom part of my notebook's keyboard doesn't work (yes.... I know) and the keyboard I use stopped working because of the batteries and there are no new batteries in this house. So I gotta go buy them tomorrow and I'll try to compensate by eliminating more songs tomorrow.

Kuhleezi, soratami, junkos and 18 others like this.
  9. It's not a rate if there are no technical difficulties.

10. I swear wireless peripherals are subsidized by the battery industry.

soratami and eccentricsimply like this.
  11. eccentricsimply

Alright batteries are in, I'm also kinda drunk let's DO THIS

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 7,166

REVELUS: 10 (@ysev, @clowezra); 9,25 (@askew); 9 (@nikkysan, @Shockbox, @Oleander, @RUNAWAY); 8,5 (eccentricsimply, @Ugly Beauty)
    ANTIS: 2 (@Rem); 4 (@Kuhleezi, @Dangerous Maknae)
    MY SCORE: 8,5

You could say

Y'all lacked

Taste

Haha

Petit nain des Îles: I like the old school vibes of the beat, even if I feel like the song doesn’t really go anywhere and lacks something to truly shine

ryjm: It’s probably just my twisted sordid mind, but I find Taste particularly amusing. I’m trash, what can I say…

mokimbird: “Wendy's Pulitzer-winning monologue at the beginning sets the right tone for this closer: it's smooth enough to get you grooving at least a little, but it's goofy enough that you can laugh at yourself while doing it. (However, my rule about gratuitous talk in song openings still applies, so minus 0.5 points.)”

The next song is out is hmmmmmm Controversial?

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 7,21

REVELUS: 10 (@askew, @savilizabeths, @Ana Raquel); 9,5 (@Oleander, @Rem); 9 (@Sanctuary, @ryjm, @Kuhleezi, @Cotton Park, @nikkysan); 8,5 (eccentricsimply, @OspreyQueen, @Slice of Life, @RUNAWAY)
    ANTIS: 2 (@eatyourself); 3 (@Dangerous Maknae); 4,5 (@aux); 5 (Glimmer, @mokimbird, @Ugly Beauty, @Salami, @Hurricane Drunk);
    MY SCORE: 8,5

Bad Dracula is one of those songs you either love or you hate. I absolutely love this song. Perhaps not enough to give it a 9, I guess, but enough to be mad at all of you who gave it low scores!

Petit nain des Îles: This leans a bit too much on the cute side, even if the chorus pops off.

eatyourself: it’s their worst song period. No competition." Really???? With stuff like........ you know............. ballads

UglyBeauty: cute but f(x)'s Dracula is the superior Dracula song
    .” f(x) mentions up to 2 by now. Also, not a competition!

evilsin: This is fun! I wish it went even more 8bit than it did, but it's still really good."

ryjm: Another retro 8-bit inspired track. This somehow acts as the more hyper and wild counterpart to Russian Roulette. The pace never lets up and just when you think it can’t possibly get anymore frantic, they ramp things up yet again.
    "

SloMover: The verses for Bad Dracula almost veer into The Red leftover territory but what elevates the song is the video game fast paced chorus. Sonic the Hedgehog is threatened." SM should consider releasing a video game with Red Velvet as its theme.

mokimbird: “Quarterlife Crisis Dracula with No Direction In Life, more like. If I'm being honest, some of the B-sides from Russian Roulette and Rookie suffer from having interesting ideas but no compelling follow-through (and part of me wonders if there was self-imposed pressure to bridge the Red / Velvet divide, which results in...neither being at its best). I will only give this points because I misheard the lyrics as "ketchup" at one point and that made me giggle.”

M24, junkos, savilizabeths and 21 others like this.
  12. Giving Taste anything lower than an 8.5, I-

nikkysan, RUNAWAY, ysev and 2 others like this.
  13. eccentricsimply

It was............. a challenge typing all that not sober.

Anyway next eliminations include a title track!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess which one!!!!!!!

14. Listening to mostly hip-hop as of late makes me regret not giving Taste a higher score. I'm sincerely sorry. I will reflect on my behavior and come back with a better image.

HouLuis, soratami, RUNAWAY and 3 others like this.
  15. nikkysan, ryjm, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  16. Be Natural or One Of These Nights? I would like both to stay longer but looking how the rate is going, I don’t see them beating the other title tracks.

17. nikkysan, evilsin, Kuhleezi and 4 others like this.
  18. The username foreshadowed it.

clowezra, nikkysan, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  19. Ahhh finally...

[​IMG]

This is tricky because I'm not a ballad girl myself, especially when it comes to k-pop ballads which tend to never wade outside the safe territory, but Red Velvet are the group I go to when I'm in the mood for ballads. I love Wendy to death and think her voice and mainly enunciation (yes I'm a weirdo) are heavenly, and considering she's the one who's usually shining the most vocally, no matter what song... well you girls have seen my scores for the ballads!
    While with stuff like Bad Dracula and Don't U Wait No More I think I'd like them better if they were from another girlgroup, maybe younger idols, I don't know. I just never seem to be "sold" on their extremely sweet side simply because the girls themselves don't seem to be particularly fond of it and generally don't fit the theme. Of course these are all personal impressions and by no means I think they shouldn't do the cute concept (there are many occasions in which they've nailed it, looking at u Rookie) but these are the reasons why I've slammed stuff like Sappy and Bad Dracula while giving high averages to the ballads. If this were a Twice rate... I don't think I've ever heard a Twice ballad so they would suffer a little.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    clowezra likes this.
  20. eccentricsimply

I think you're failing to consider that when both of those songs came out they were very much younger idols. And also, if there's one adjective that could be given to Bad Dracula is......... quirky.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.