The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #27) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #27)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What is your favorite Red Velvet album?

1. Ice Cream Cake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Red

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. The Velvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Russian Roulette

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rookie

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. The Red Summer

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. The Perfect Velvet/The Perfect Red Velvet

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. Summer Magic

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. RBB

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. The Reve Festival (Day 1 and/or Day 2 and/or Finale)

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. [​IMG]

As a certified Rookie stan who holds this EP as my favorite, this hurts. Body Talk doesn't even stand out to you?

Remorque, RUNAWAY, Kuhleezi and 7 others like this.
  2. M24

M24

Well, it does start off like the bop to end all bops UNTIL that chorus hits, which is a bit too Red for such a Velvet track (and I say this liking both sides almost equally). I'm going to listen to it a couple more times, though, so don't worry, I might come around to it :)

Crisp X and savilizabeths like this.
  3. I see this concept of theirs was both a blessing and a curse after all.

Remorque likes this.
  4. M24

M24

Sorry if I'm abusing the concept ideas (which are blurry lately anyway). I just meant to say the chorus seemed to go in the opposite direction of the rest of the track, almost a bit too uplifting for such moody dark pop verses.

Crisp X likes this.
  5. Yeah I get it. That's a songwriting trick I love, and they use it often in their discography. It definitely doesn't click for everyone though.

M24 likes this.
  6. M24

M24

Indeed, it's not the only track where they do something like that. "Zimzalabim" for example also took me WAY TOO LONG to get used to it, as I thought the chorus was lacking the energy of the rest of the song. Now I'm considering a 9+ score for it hahaha. So I might come around to "Body Talk" in the end. Or maybe not.

Crisp X likes this.
  7. You're allowed to send in your ballot but what am I going to do with it, you ask?

Remorque, soratami, Kuhleezi and 5 others like this.
  8. I've submitted my score !

Ice Cream Cake - 8.33 (2x10)
    The Red - 8.65 (4x10)
    The Velvet - 7.7 (2x10)
    Russian Roulette - 8.21 (1x10)
    Rookie - 8.41
    Red Summer - 8.5 (1x10)
    Perfect Red Velvet - 8.083 (3x10)
    Summer Magic - 9.3 (3x10)
    RBB - 8.4 (1x10)
    ReVe Festival - 8.34 (3x10)
    #CookieJar - 7 (1x10)
    Sappy - 8.16 (1x10)

[​IMG]

9. I still haven’t even started this and now I’m thinking I’m not going to make it...why do they have so many EPs man.

Kuhleezi likes this.
  10. M24

M24

I just have to say... Summer Magic. Wow. Didn't think they could ever replicate the magic of The Red, but they really did. All killer, no filler.

11. The good sis @RUNAWAY asked for an extension, so I'm giving y'all until May 2 to get your scores to me!

Remorque, Vixen, soratami and 9 others like this.
  12. This has become instantly more achievable.

Remorque, Vixen, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  13. M24

M24

My scores are almost ready, so the extension serves me well to revise and adjust my scores a little bit.

Also, if anyone is interested, there was a Red Velvet rate in OneHallyu a couple years ago. Looking at it now, wow, so many questionable choices were made. Hopefully our rate will give better results than that, I have trust in your taste, fellow PJers!

14. Blue Lemonade...top 10? What they smoking over there?

Remorque and M24 like this.
  15. ...the truth?

savilizabeths likes this.
  16. *Looking at my empty folder with no graphics done*

Yeah.............

Remorque, Vixen, soratami and 7 others like this.
  17. M24

M24

I think it's overranked too. And Cool World #14? Even if it's pretty good, it's among the least impressive songs on The Red.

Don't you think it's a stretch to rank it above a few awesome singles like Russian Roulette, Red Flavor, Ice Cream Cake, Dumb Dumb? I feel like this rate totally overscored the deep cuts, to the point where the results make no sense. I mean the top 3 tracks are great and all, but better than "Bad Boy" and "Peek-a-Boo"?

18. Blue Lemonade slander? On my KPJ? What is wrong with you people?

19. M24

M24

I don't hear what you're all hearing. It's my lowest score on that EP! A cute song which doesn't come close to the previous five bops.

savilizabeths and Salami like this.
    Remorque, savilizabeths and M24 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.