The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #27) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: #27)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What is your favorite Red Velvet album?

1. Ice Cream Cake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Red

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. The Velvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Russian Roulette

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rookie

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. The Red Summer

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. The Perfect Velvet/The Perfect Red Velvet

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. Summer Magic

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. RBB

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. The Reve Festival (Day 1 and/or Day 2 and/or Finale)

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. With You is like so bad, but other than that it's incredible.

Cotton Park and M24 like this.
  2. Summer Magic was their first disappointing release for me but it contains my favourite album track of theirs (and my 20 pointer in the B-Sides countdown) so Red Velvet still won.

nikkysan likes this.
  3. Summer Magic is maybe my least favorite Red Velvet EP tbh. Nothing on it save "Hit That Drum" really leaves any impact.

4. Some of the opinions in here...

[​IMG]

5. I just listened to The Velvet - nothing on there worth listening to again.

Remorque and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  6. Call me a "where are the bops" gay but The Velvet is quite obviously their weakest album.

Remorque likes this.
  7. What are some of these opinions? I’m worried about the results now. Yikes.

Remorque and eatyourself like this.
  8. I think doing my reviews for this was single handedly responsible for curing my writer's block.

Average: 7.97
    Ice Cream Cake: 7.50
    The Red: 8.25
    The Velvet: 8.70
    Russian Roulette: 7.43
    Rookie: 7.58
    Red Summer: 9.20
    Perfect Velvet: 9.33
    Perfect Red Velvet (repackage only): 7.50
    Summer Magic: 6.67
    RBB: 8.20
    ReVe Festival Day 1: 8.58
    ReVe Festival Day 2: 7.83
    ReVe Festival Day 3: 8.00
    ReVe Festival (all): 8.16
    Japanese Albums: 7.67
    Bonus Tracks: 5.88

Other random notes:
    -Perfect Velvet had the most consistent scores, with a standard deviation of 0.56. On the other hand, the Rookie EP had a standard deviation of 2.08.
    -I tried to be as open-minded as possible, but I came out of this with the same conclusion: 2017 Red Velvet is still by far my favorite Red Velvet.
    -The albums that were better than I expected were ReVe Festival (all of it) and Ice Cream Cake. I got a little exhausted by how long ReVe Festival was, but it's honestly quite solid, and there are some hidden gems on Ice Cream Cake.
    -Having to listen to literally every song only reinforces how ridiculously strong Red Velvet's discography is. I think of 90 songs, only 14 scored a 6.5 or lower (and my lowest score was still a 4). 28 songs - literally double that - scored a 9 or higher. I know we all have very different opinions here, but one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that we've got a lot of songs to celebrate! :)

Remorque, Vixen, soratami and 8 others like this.
  9. An underrated masterpiece t b h.

I'm almost finished and I have...a worrying amount of 10s, I think this is the most I've given in any rate??

Edit: I've submitted my scores, legit can't wait to see how this turns out!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Remorque, M24, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  10. M24

M24

I'm almost done with my scores too, but I intend to listen to their whole discography again from highest score to lowest score just to make sure I don't regret any song placement.

Oh, and thanks @mokimbird for putting my feelings into words: Red Velvet's output is incredibly strong, and even if this is shaping up to be a divisive rate, there's nothing on here that I actively dislike or find awful. Hope it's the same for all of you.

11. Just submitted my scores. Shocked at how much I actually like The Red. The Velvet got the best notes from me by far.

12. Some tea since I have 15 ballots.

There are three title tracks in the top 10
    There are also three ties in the top 10
    The entire top 15 has 9+ averages
    We've had no 0s so far

Remorque, Vixen, soratami and 9 others like this.
  13. Apparently @Empty Shoebox is busy with other rates and has not found the time to do this yet.

Remorque, Vixen, soratami and 8 others like this.
  14. Close, but swap 'other rates' with 'life and...[gestures] everything'.

Remorque, soratami, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  15. I'm on the last stretch of rating and for some reason I'm giving a lot of 9s and very little 10s. I'm even kinda sad about this, since I can't understand what's not clicking completely for me with their music.

16. Okay, after some songs stuck in my head and made even a better impression on me after a couple more listens, they managed to have their scores amped up to 10. I've got only the Japanese songs and the extras left, which I should give some time to, since it's my first time hearing them.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  17. We love a summer spring magic!

18. Lucky Girl can leave first xoxo

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.