The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: TOP 19) | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

The ReVe Rate (RESULTS: TOP 19)

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by eccentricsimply, Mar 21, 2020.

?

What is your favorite Red Velvet album?

1. Ice Cream Cake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Red

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. The Velvet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Russian Roulette

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rookie

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. The Red Summer

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. The Perfect Velvet/The Perfect Red Velvet

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  8. Summer Magic

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. RBB

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. The Reve Festival (Day 1 and/or Day 2 and/or Finale)

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Are you fucking kidding me right now? Just like that y'all ousted two of my favorites. No more palettes for you lot, I guess.
    Should've given both 10s.

Shockbox likes this.
  2. Swimming Pool leaving hurts.

Are the anti’s actually going to score any song above a 3?

3. Vixen, Serg., ysev and 4 others like this.
  4. Are the anti’s actually going to score anything above a 4?

5. Rem, mokimbird, Serg. and 4 others like this.
  6. Be Natural is so sultry and velvety, and we know it was the blueprint for Automatic some time later. I get that it's not a memorable Red Velvet single but you can't deny the mood!!!

Rem, savilizabeths, askew and 5 others like this.
  7. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 7,39

REVELUS: 10 (@BeingNormal, @clowezra, @eatyourself, @RUNAWAY, @savilizabeths, @askew); 9,75 (@ysev, @Slice of Life); 9,5 (@Ana Raquel); 8,75 (@HouLuis); 8,5 (@mokimbird, @aux)
    ANTIS: 3,5 (@Dangerous Maknae); 5 (@Serg., @Salami, @ryjm, @SloMover, @Sanctuary, @OspreyQueen);
    MY SCORE: 8,25

Anything from The Red falling just hurts my heart teebs

Petit nain des Îles:
    This is cute."

RUNAWAY: "this song is retro amazingness, and I live for it. More songs like this plz Led Belbet. It gives me 60s-70s Japan retro countryside movie realness, and I need more."

evilsin: "This has some romcom ending theme vibes going on about it."

Salami: "I can take or leave this. I don’t hate it but it doesn’t stack up with the rest of The Red."

ryjm:
    The only dud on the “The Red” album. Keep it.There are no duds on The Red because it's a perfect album, heathen!

mokimbird: “I don't think they've really done a song like this since, but this is so...joyful! And invigorating! I really appreciate using live instruments here (especially the trumpet), because WOW do they make this pop.”

[​IMG]
    SCORE: 7,27

REVELUS: 10 (@Slice of Life, @Sanctuary); 9,5 (@askew, @savilizabeths, @Kuhleezi, @eatyourself); 9 (@OspreyQueen, @BeingNormal); 8,75 (@HouLuis); 8,5 (eccentricsimply, @aux, @M24, @PopZeitgeist)
    ANTIS: 1 (@Dangerous Maknae); 5 (@Shockbox)
    MY SCORE: 8,5

This is such a fun b-side. Honestly, listening to ICC again for the rate was when I realized how much of an underrated mini it is.

Petit nain des Îles:
    Ooh this is giving me 2nd generation Kpop vibes, especially the chorus. This could almost be used on a spy movie soundtrack.”

RUNAWAY this song is super cute, but I just don’t come back to it as much as the other songs on this mini"

Salami: I thought I’d hate this song just by the title but it’s pretty good. It sounds a lot more like later Red Velvet."

ryjm:
    This song has so much potential with the creepy yet funky verses (for some reason it conjures up images of the girls sneaking around stalking their lover trying to get their attention, all in a very slapstick fashion) but suddenly the chorus comes along and the switch up in sound kills any momentum. The production serves me Galore era Dragonette, so I still enjoy."

SloMover: I’d bet good money that this was originally an SNSD track because I can vividly hear the girls singing this in my head. It’s serviceable."

mokimbird: “One of the B-sides that surprised me when I revisited it: the girls bring a lot of attitude in their performances, and the whole thing crescendos to a cathartic chorus. The song fumbles at points - there's a talk-singy bit in the second verse that completely derails all the momentum the song has built, and the bridge isn't quite sure what to do with itself, but there are some cool ideas here that are worth a listen.

8. Day 1 is one of my favourite songs on The Red, oop. Devastated it’s out so soon!

Edit: I...just clocked that Be Natural was out already. Sort it out guys, bloody hell!?

OspreyQueen, evilsin, HouLuis and 4 others like this.
  9. Stupid Cupid feels like the first significant loss for me. @Dangerous Maknae why did you do that do that do that do that do that, to me?

Take 3 different Britney songs, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give a chill Red concept to it.

10. The Day 1 antis never cried during a 90s shoujo anime opening and and it shows!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  11. I keep forgetting 'Be Natural' was a title track, and 'Swimming Pool' is one of my lowest scores so.... no loss here. x

'Day 1' I might have underscored. It reminds me so much of something that could have been featured in a 90s anime, like Cowboy Bebop or something. 'Stupid Cupid' is a fun bop, but I don't mind it leaving.

ysev likes this.
  12. God... Day 1 is marvelous, isn't it? It perfectly captures that juvenile type of falling in love. It sounds quite childish which just reinforces that naive and innocent outlook someone in their early teens has when they feel those butterflies in their tummy for the first time. And the lyrics???

Like the day I first wore my school uniform
    I feel awkward and excited
    I couldn’t sleep at all because of your sudden confession last night
    We’re different from yesterday, we’re not friends anymore
    [​IMG]

That being said, I can see why it didn't get further. I understand but I CANNOT relate.

13. NOOO WTF I should've known better it will not be appreciated, but Day 1 is legitimately amazing. The crazy bass riff, the chorus, the jazzy beats >>>.

HouLuis, Crisp X, RUNAWAY and 2 others like this.
  14. Day 1 was one of my favourite Rate discoveries. I knew you guys would let it flop. My heart hurts!

15. Day 1 reminds me of Gfriend so I'm not shocked it's out this early. The disrespect... far too much.

16. This rate makes me learn that I should be more cruel with my score next time.

junkos and ysev like this.
  17. Me joining @Dangerous Maknae as an anti for Stupid Cupid. And it's a hill I'm willing to die on, it's just too basic to be considered a good Red Velvet song.

Rem, ysev and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  18. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Whenever I try to run a rate shit happens I swear to god dddd

Anyway this time it’s my wrist. I use the mouse a lot for work and my wrist has been giving me a lot of pain lately so I need to rest it and keep it in a brace. But because I don’t want to pause this I was wondering if anyone would be able to function as a guest host for the rest of the week? I’ll send you the spreadsheet and the graphics!

Cotton Park, M24, Crisp X and 13 others like this.
  19. Get well soon, hun! And use one of those mouse pads with elevated parts.

20. @eccentricsimply if no one has volunteered yet, I can take over for the week.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.