The ROXETTE Rate - WINNER! | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

The ROXETTE Rate - WINNER!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Hudweiser, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Ooo those two going hurt but that's what happens when there are so many good uns left I suppose.
    I hope Fading like a flower makes top ten - no, top five.
    The Look or maybe even Joyride could go next eek!

2. Crash! Boom! Bang! ought to have been out long before Run To You, Fireworks, and Sleeping in My Car. Not a highlight from the CBB singles run.

3. "I still feel the heat
    (Slowly fallin' from the sky)
    And the taste of the kissing
    Shattered by rain
    (Comin' tumblin' from behind)
    And the wild holy war."

ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL

jtm and phoenix123 like this.
  4. I have the CD single also. That Julie Zee is like the original Cascada...

idratherjack likes this.
  5. Wow, the last few elliminations have really hurt.

I still have 3 10's left but also a 5 and 3 x 6 so I'm gonna be annoyed I fear haha.

6. "Walking like a man, hitting like a hammer."

No, wait. That's not right.

"Tried to make it little by little..."

No, that's not it either...

"Babe...

...come in from the cold..."

#12: ALMOST UNREAL

Average:
    Highest: 2 x 11 @idratherjack @invertedbutterfly
    8 x 10 @Hudweiser @Terminus @Peer_Gynt10 @straw82 @phoenix123 @ruffdriverz @Rooneyboy @WowWowWowWow
    Lowest: 2 x 4 @DominoDancing @Sprockrooster

Chartage:
    #5 (Ireland); #6 (Norway); #7 (Denmark, UK); #8 (Sweden); #15 (Switzerland); #17 (Australia); #20 (Austria, Germany); #21 (Spain); #23 (Belgium); #27 (Netherlands); #29 (Canada); #94 (US)

I say:
    "Not one of our most inspired moments," said Marie.
    "If you wanted to make a parody of Roxette, it would probably sound something like this," Per added.

Why, Rox, why?? This song is just love. From that delicate string into to the little drum roll into the chorus, great middle eight, awesome vocals. Everything comes together.

I guess the corporate pandering is hovering under the surface, like the song was written to spec (originally for the movie Hocus Pocus but then shifted to Super Mario Bros) but I can't accept that they aren't at least happy with that awesome chorus melody.

Frankly surprised to see this bow out at 12, which means the entirety of the Top 11 is made up of tracks from the Look Sharp! to Joyride era. At least we're a consistent bunch.

You say:

@Peer_Gynt10 (10) To this day, whenever something good happens to me, I turn to this song to celebrate.

@straw82 (10) Aww…I just love this, from the second the first chorus kicks in it just takes off. The middle 8 is probably the best they’ve ever done, for some reason it makes me very emotional. I remember this being on the radio a lot, I was very proud of them. Just a shame it was saddled to the Mario film!

@berserkboi (8.4) Instrumental still super strong but the lyric is not that relatable in its delivery…

@Alenko (8) What a powerful chorus.

@Hatbar (8) I seem to remember reading they don’t like this one but it did well in the UK. I think it’s great and Marie looks fab.

@Rooneyboy (7.5) I was slightly falling out of love with Roxette by the release of this but I do remember liking it, I still do.

@Ray (5.5) I have a weakness for this because I bought the Super Mario Bros soundtrack for this song. Unfortunately my weakness doesn’t balance this song’s weakness.

@DominoDancing (4.5) Super generic. Sounds like they wrote this in their sleep.

@Sprockrooster (4) A bit boring.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Sprockrooster, tylerc, Ray and 5 others like this.
  7. NNNOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

8. I gave this a 10???!!!

*Checks*....no, 8.

berserkboi likes this.
  9. berserkboi and Eric Generic like this.
  10. I second that emotion! My fine tradition of doing badly in a rate continues!

Gutted to see Almost Unreal go before the Top 10, I had dared to dream it could make it into the Top 5. It's just magical.

11. Happens all the time.

12. Bah, humbug.

Eric Generic and idratherjack like this.
  13. I do think there is something a bit…. sterile? about the production that holds this one back a bit which might be why some of you are calling it "weak", "generic" and "boring". It's still a 10 for me even so.

14. Don't scare me like that!

I didn't dislike Almost Unreal - gave it a 7 - but it was one of my lowest remaining scores, so I'm not that sad to see it go.

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Ray

Ray

Byeeeeee "Almost"
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!! @ "Crash!"

16. NOOOOOO

phoenix123 likes this.
  17. ….but what has missed out on the top ten?

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Find out tomorrow!

Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  19. But I was right though yeah?

Eric Generic likes this.
  20. Spin it however you like.

[​IMG]

Eric Generic and phoenix123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.