The Ryan Tedder Rate: FINALE | Page 37 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ryan Tedder Rate: FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Beginner, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Didn't Hilz and Haylie co-write 'Gypsy Woman'??

2. The Top 20:

All The Right Moves - OneRepublic
    Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson
    Apologize - OneRepublic feat. Timbaland
    Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
    Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis
    Counting Stars - OneRepublic
    Ghost - Ella Henderson
    Glassheart - Leona Lewis
    Halo - Beyonce
    Happy - Leona Lewis
    I Want You To Know - Zedd feat. Selena Gomez
    If I Lose Myself - OneRepublic
    Obsession - Sky Ferraira
    Rumour Has It - Adele
    Secrets - OneRepublic
    Stop and Stare - OneRepublic
    Take A Bow - Leona Lewis
    Turning Tables - Adele
    Why Try - Ariana Grande
    XO - Beyonce

Now the real tears start getting shed.

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Nooooooooooo poor Baby Don't Lie!

Happy with that top 20 though, relieved OneRepublic haven't had a total cull yet.

Glassheart would be my next pick to go

4. Pretty good top 20

5. Lost 2 10-s when Take A Bow and Halo are still in this. Tragic.

@Beginner. My name is put twice in the comments for Baby Don't Lie. I would rather not be associated with the first one!

DJHazey likes this.
  6. What a great top 20. Zedd feat. Selena Gomez kind of stands out as worse though.

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  7. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Good In Goodbye really should have made the top 20.

Beginner likes this.
  8. Not this song, no.

Watch it.

---

Couldn't y'all have let Hilary sneak into the Top 20? No, of course not! *Sniffle*

9. Those two Adele songs need to get the fuck out of here. Even Beyonce can slay as long as they leave.

10. My ideal top 10.

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  11. Leona Lequeen slaying this rate.

constantino, 1991, Island and 4 others like this.
  12. Baby Don't Lie is nice, but I'm surprised it made it this far though.

The top 20 is mostly great, but there's a couple that definitely need to leave asap.

Island likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

#20: If I Lose Myself - OneRepublic

Average Score: 7.4292
    High: 10 x 3 (@cortex, @NuhdeensPassport, @ohdenny)
    Low: 4 x 2 (@ohnostalgia, @Laurence)

This song was the lead single for the band's latest album, Native. It peaked at #74 on the Hot 100.

Here's a fun fact I bet you didn't know about the song: it's about dying in a plane crash! Ryan Tedder says:
    Translates well as a party song though.

My score: 6
    Not my favorite single from them, but it's still enjoyable. I think I've said this about all my low scores so far, but I really did underscore this one. They've all grown on me! As far as pop-goes-EDM goes, this song is pretty fantastic.

@Subwaykid tells us, "I completely forgot about this song and had an "oh fuck YES" reaction when it came on. Though the BURNS remix is the best version, teebs." @Laura Vanderbooben reveals, "Probably my fave from them, bar Apologize." @2014 says, "prefer the Alesso remix actually, but it’s nice!" I prefer the breakdown here, it's very them.

@constantino gets all misogynist: "If he gave this to a female vocalist, I may have enjoyed this a bit more. It’s an ok song but I am very fussy with male vocals and Ryan’s really don’t do it for me. The EDM arrangement is so predictable. An underwhelming drop after the repetition of a badly written refrain? Groundbreaking." @ohnostalgia sends a death threat: "Please do." @Posh Spears patronizes, "Has the potential to not be boring." @Sprockrooster reminisces, "Everytime I hear this, I remember the really hot summer this was massive. I instantly crave for a hot summer!"

14. ...

[​IMG]

#18: Happy - Leona Lewis

Average Score: 7.4375
    High: 11 x 2 (@KamikazeHeart, @MollieSwift21) 10 (@CorgiCorgiCorgi)
    Low: 2 (@Robsolete

This was the lead single for Leona's second album, Echo. It peaked at #50 on the Hot 100 and #2 on the UK charts.

Ryan said of the song:
    Then after it peaked at #50....

If you hadn't noticed by now, Ryan likes to see his songs be successful.

@Popjustice had quite an amazing write-up about the track:
    My score: 9.5
    Beautiful, heartbreaking, grand. So what if hurts me? kicks me right where it counts. Inspiring song that has actually inspired me. If you want to know what I think about Echo, check out this post from my old, abandoned account, kiiiiiiiiiiii (I had too much time in high school, like a mini imperialsteriod)

@constantino calls it, "Not her best, not his best either. Her vocals are stunning, but the production doesn’t quite soar as much as I’d like it to." @Subwaykid cries out in pleasure, "Don't stop giving me these life-affirming, cheesy, drum-driven A N T H E M S, King Teddy." @ohnostalgia states, "Misleading title." @Posh Spears exclaims, "Ooh! This one isn’t so mediocre!"

@2014 says, "really goes too far on the saccharine/melodramatic scale, but you can’t deny her voice." @Sprockrooster observes, "An amazing track, but for some reason easily forgettable. But when it comes back in your life, you are 'Happy'." @Laurence says simply, "A classic."

Guess what everyone? I've been dying to close with an 11, but neither of these losers included commentary! So I get to include it for them.

C'mon people. Give me something to work with.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Island, constantino, 1991 and 8 others like this.
  15. Again, the two spot jump is because of a tie.

16. Happy is so good, though!

17. Loving you wrote commentary for the 11s and I also loved the backstory from Happy.

Laurence and Beginner like this.
  18. I love how you have a backstory from Tedder himself about almost every track!

ohdenny, CorgiCorgiCorgi and Beginner like this.
  19. 'Happy' is great and the SO WHAT IF IT HURTS ME bit is a highlight. I still prefer 'Bleeding Love', though.

Beginner likes this.
  20. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Happy leaving is appalling. Rates have not been going my way lately.

The music video is gorgeous too.

1991, Beginner, DMDR and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.