The Saturdays 2022 Re-Rate - Results - [#70 - Dated before it was even recorded"] | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays 2022 Re-Rate - Results - [#70 - Dated before it was even recorded"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Sep 19, 2022.

?

Who is your favourite Saturdays band member?

1. Frankie

14 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Mollie

29 vote(s)
    34.9%
  3. Rochelle

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Una

20 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Vanessa

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. Preach! What a blessed angel.

2. It is true, but that's why I figured this kind of poll would be so interesting because I've seen people stan for each band member almost equally over the years. I hoped it would make for a close battle.

Remorque, Music Is Death, Ezz and 3 others like this.
  3. Just listened to Golden Rules for the first time... whew, they really were on their Girls Aloud bag on that one.

4. It's such an underrated classic, but definitely polarizing. Hopefully it does better than it did in 2015.

---

I have three ballots in already and they're all different 11's.

5. It's interesting to see Vanessa with only four votes, since I've always seen her considered the vocal powerhouse of the group with a lot of the heavy-lifting in many of their classics.

To any new comer voting in this rate, what I'm also trying to point out is seeing Vanessa with so few votes is definitely not a knock on her at all, it just means there's a fanbase for each member within the fanbase of the band. Not everyone has that, the way The Saturdays do. You could argue Vanessa is the Nadine of this group (vocally) yet she can be sitting there with 4 votes in this poll and we all still know how instrumental she was in the band's success.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  6. I would put it down more to the fact that (for me at least) Vanessa is the one we know the least about. So it's easier to have one of the others as your favourite because we know them more.

7. I only found out just now Vanessa released some solo stuff. Should probably give it a listen, and Una's too (I only know a couple of her songs). Shame Frankie and Rochelle never released anything.

Remorque and DJHazey like this.
  8. I might be wrong, but is it not the case Vanessa was the powerhouse but then ruined her vocals and ended up taking a backseat on the later albums? I think part of this was related to her alcohol use which she was open about later on. I have huge respect for her for being open and honest about her struggles.

Remorque, flapjack-, DJHazey and 4 others like this.
  9. I really love Vanessa's two EPs. Heavily recommended, @soratami!

10. OOOOOOOOOO ITS TIME TO TALK ABOUT TRUTH NOW

[​IMG]

White Lies for top 10! What a BOP.

Island, flapjack-, Remorque and 6 others like this.
  11. In 2015 it finished at #10 in fact, which was a fine result. I can say this after four ballots so far it is not at #10 (could be higher or lower), but it's way too early to forecast what its finishing spot will be.

Remorque, soratami and MilesAngel like this.
  12. Just sent in my votes!

13. Y'all can bet your arses I'm totally and entirely here for every single one of Frankie's struggle vocals and you'll all deal.

[​IMG]

14. I really don't get the harsh critiques re Frankie's vocals. She's far better than Mollie who I think actually can't sing, but our blonde queen doesn't seem to be picked on as much (or at all) for her vocals.

That could be potentially due to Frankie being more open and honest about her vocal insecurities whilst in the band and subsequent interviews.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Island, Elysium, slaybellz and 3 others like this.
  15. This tea.

Elysium and DJHazey like this.
  16. I always got the sense it's because of Mollie's personality, not to say anything against Frankie's personality, but Mollie's shows up in the sound of her singing voice in that it's often very fun, perky, and lights a song up.

17. Also, I've started gathering information for each song, as in little tidbits and facts if there are any, my favorite aspects/parts of a song, and how the song was perceived in 2015 before I present the 2022 comments after it.

This way I'll be able to just pump the results out after the two month long voting period where people may be itching for action.

Ezz, Remorque, Aester and 1 other person like this.
  18. Mollie always sounds like Mollie, whereas Frankie tended to strain her voice into places she can't really afford. If that makes any sense.

But Denial is, in fact, going to get two points more for *that* note. God, I love a trier.

RUNAWAY and DJHazey like this.
  19. They all had their strengths. Vanessa was the best singer. Rochelle and Frankie were the best dancers. Una was the most musically talented. Mollie had the best personality.

20. Why does this read as shade for most of them though ff

Ugly Beauty, Island, Lapras and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.