The Saturdays 2022 Re-Rate - Results - [#70 - Dated before it was even recorded"] | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays 2022 Re-Rate - Results - [#70 - Dated before it was even recorded"]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by DJHazey, Sep 19, 2022.

?

Who is your favourite Saturdays band member?

1. Frankie

14 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. Mollie

29 vote(s)
    34.9%
  3. Rochelle

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. Una

20 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Vanessa

9 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. It's not shade. Just giving each member their props. It's easy to single out a member and point out their weaknesses but let's be real here, it's The Saturdays, they're not exactly Destiny's Child dd. They all had their weaknesses. But each of them had a strength that made up for where someone else lacked.

Remorque, Elysium and soratami like this.
  2. That's fair, it's just that saying someone is the best dancer on The Saturdays or has the best personality kind of reads like backhanded compliments dd

But it is true each member added something to the group, and they worked super well as a unit and genuinely seemed to all get along, which is not something many girls groups can say.

3. I've started rating...

[​IMG]

j267, BubblegumBoy, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  4. Me tew.

[​IMG]

slaybellz, soratami and DJHazey like this.
  5. Chasing Lights and Wordshaker/Headlines! eras done! And their best still to come!

soratami, DJHazey and Remorque like this.
  6. Oh I needed an excuse to immerse myself in their discography again!
    When I say I was a fan from the beginning... Does anyone else remember downloading all the leaks and demos from themusicinferno.blogspot back in the day? Before they'd even dropped the first single.

Lapras, Remorque, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  7. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

What songs are we talking about here? I only remember that terrible demo of Not Good Enough and the fantastic alternative mix of Why Me, Why Now. Which ones am I forgetting?

Remorque, slaybellz and DJHazey like this.
  8. Yup I was just mentioning the Why Me, Why Now demo in the write-ups I'm pre-doing, that's a popular one.

9. Looking at my last.fm, the first time I heard them was If This Is Love in May 2008 and then Set Me Off the month after. I imagine this was when the songs first popped up on PJ.

10. I don't suffer from demo-itis, but I'm actually kinda interested to see if anything comes up in the writeups.

I'm currently rating On Your Radar and, well, basically... wig.

[​IMG]

11. I remember quite a few coming through. Definitely the Set Me Off demo and an early version of One Shot too. Also Up, If This Is Love and Issues all appeared on there before anywhere else. But this was years ago, so my memory is a little hazy.

12. I am about to start on that one - their best - too! This afternoon got even more sunny!

Untouchable Ace, Remorque and DJHazey like this.
  13. [​IMG]

The album version is so overproduced ńńń.

Chasing Lights is their best album. Imma be at odds with the general consensus in yet another rate huh.

14. Headlines! is their best album to me. It may be short (though 8 song albums aren't even that uncommon nowadays) but it's just all killer no filler.

15. Just wanted to jump in and say I will do a one month tag spree in the coming weeks, in the meantime as I've been getting writeup info ready, I've been going through song-by-song from last place upwards in the 2015 rate. Let's discuss B-Sides, which I'm sure we can all agree The Saturdays have some of the best out there. Ladykiller ended up being crowned best B-Side in 2015, so which song will have that honour this time or will it be a repeat?

What will be #1 B-Side in 2022?
    What is your favourite B-Side and has that changed over time?
    What B-Side is going out first? (It was Beggin' in 2015)
    Will any of them make the Top 20 this time? (Ladykiller was #24)

16. Crashing Down and Flashback tied at #1 that's all I have to say!

17. I love 'I Can't Wait".
    The closest to their Xenomania mid-tempo.

Remorque, Aester, If You Go and 2 others like this.
  18. Ready To Rise is their best B-side, period.

19. Beggin' should definitely be the first B-Side out.

My Top 3 B-Sides
    1. Flashback
    2. Not That Kinda Girl
    3. So Stupid

Ladykiller and Golden Rules round out the Top 5.

I would love a B-Side to enter the Top 20.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  20. Never used much of their b-sides, I guess my top 3 from memory would be:
    1. What Am I Gonna Do
    2. So Stupid
    3. Turn Myself In
    I expect the first 2 to fall within the bottom 20 cause that's just my luck taste!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.