The Saturdays - All Fired Up Tour 2011

Adlib? Hardly.

3.25 by the way, yes. It just strikes me as odd why you'd start singing, then put the mic down and continue to sing, even with the mic by your side.. Maybe I am reading into it too much but it's just odd.

It's the #1 rule when you mime, don't put the mic down as your singing along to the backing track.

OLMRemix said:
Adlib? Hardly.

3.25 by the way, yes. It just strikes me as odd why you'd start singing, then put the mic down and continue to sing, even with the mic by your side.. Maybe I am reading into it too much but it's just odd.

It's the #1 rule when you mime, don't put the mic down as your singing along to the backing track.

She does something similar in the second chorus at 2:10. She starts the "and it feels like" and then stops because she has her "we could have had it all" backing vocal straight after. If she sung the whole "and it feels like we could have had it all" it would overlap with her backing.

Frankie does some harmonies when Mollie and Una sing the bridge on The way you watch me and she also sing a few words with Travie on his verse aswell. She`s also the one doing the high note in the middle-eight. I love her on this tour and I`m so glad she has so much to sing on The way you watch me. I think she`s really good vocally on this tour and ofcourse her dancing.

OLMRemix said:
Adlib? Hardly.

You really are reading too much into it. She stopped singing in anticipation of her 'could've had it all' which overlaps the rest of the band's singing, she does it earlier in the song too, she sang along without her microphone on this occasion because presumably she felt like doing so. It's really that simple.

I think it's commendable that she's continuing with this tour, they could have easily called it off, blaming her pregnancy, especially since it looked like it wasn't selling very well at first but they've put on a tour that everyone so far has come away pretty happy from. Yesterday it was Frankie that supposedly looked 'annoying' and miserable, now it's Una. They're not going to be smiling throughout the whole show, it's tiring especially, I imagine, when you're 6 months pregnant. Also, it's not always appropriate with a song like Last Call. I don't see the point in nitpicking every little thing they do or don't do.

It's got nothing to do with nitpicking at all. I observed something that I thought was a bit unusual and posted about it. I think she's doing a great job don't get me wrong, and I imagine it's not easy being 6 months pregnant and on tour of course, but is it that much of an effort to look like you're enjoying it?

I know what you guys are on about, about the 5 second rest to do the backing on "could of had it all", I understand that, it just seemed a bit odd that she was miming along to it with the mic by her side after she was singing. Calm down people!

They all mime along to songs at various points though, Rochelle does it all the time! To me it seems Una has a great emotional attachment to the song. She doesn't look bored one bit, she looks very emotional. On the night it was flawless as well.

Rain said:
Just found this video of My Heart Takes Over from the Jingle Ball. I love how all the girls forgot they were doing the radio edit and totally messed up the first chorus. Rochelle covered well though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ppEea9XiHg

Ha! I love Frankie's reaction and then Rochelle assumes her lead role and makes them all move, amazing. At least we know they weren't hiding behind Ina's vocals for once.

For Rochelle, any time to shine is a good time to take over. Good thing they all caught on quickly, and good thing Rochelle kicked in. I love Frankie's harmonies on Rochelle's "this is where my heart takes over." They sound nearly just like the studio parts. That's probably the best performance from that night. Vanessa and Rochelle sound amazing.