The Saturdays - Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - Finest Selection: The Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Utopia, Apr 3, 2014.

1. The Saturdays today announced that they will release a smash hit filled ‘Greatest Hits’ on August 11th before taking the album on tour around the country, including a date at London’s Wembley Arena.

Bucking the trend by releasing the collection whilst at the height of their career, fans can look forward to finally getting all the hits on one album. This is far from a farewell and more of a celebration with the band planning to return to the studio later on in the year to start recording their fifth studio album.

Featuring thirteen Top Ten singles, the ‘Greatest Hits’ is a celebration of a successful and enduring pop career the band have enjoyed since they first debuted in 2008 with ‘If This Is Love’. The album will include three brand new tracks alongside fan favourites such as ‘Higher’, ‘All Fired Up’, ‘Ego’, ‘Up’ and the chart topping ‘What About Us’.

From September the 7th, The Saturdays will take their new album on the road, performing to their fans in cities across the UK, kicking off in Glasgow then visiting Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham and Cardiff amongst others. The Saturdays are proud to present their ‘Greatest Hits Live!’ tour in partnership with Ultimate Blends, a new haircare range from Garnier that has been blended for Britain for gorgeous hair that is full of life.

Having now sold over five million records, with four top ten albums, The Saturdays continue to be a whirlwind force in the world of pop which shows no sign of slowing.

Sep 07 - Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
    Sep 09 - Newcastle City Hall
    Sep 10 - Sheffield City Hall
    Sep 12 - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
    Sep 14 - Manchester O2 Apollo
    Sep 15 - Birmingham NIA
    Sep 17 - Dublin Olympia
    Sep 18 - Cardiff Arena
    Sep 19 - London Wembley Arena
    Sep 20 - Brighton Centre
    Sep 22 - Bournemouth BIC
    Sep 23 - Plymouth Pavilions

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  2. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

To celebrate the release of The Saturdays' Greatest Hits this August, featuring all the singles and 3 new tracks, plus all the videos on one DVD, the girls are embarking on a nationwide tour! Visit TheSaturdays.co.uk for details.

3. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Sep 07 - Glasgow Clyde Auditorium
    Sep 09 - Newcastle City Hall
    Sep 10 - Sheffield City Hall
    Sep 12 - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
    Sep 14 - Manchester O2 Apollo
    Sep 15 - Birmingham NIA
    Sep 17 - Dublin Olympia
    Sep 18 - Cardiff Arena
    Sep 19 - London Wembley Arena
    Sep 20 - Brighton Centre
    Sep 22 - Bournemouth BIC
    Sep 23 - Plymouth Pavilions

4. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Greatest hits track list:

1: What About Us feat. Sean Paul
    2: Higher feat. Flo Rida
    3: Ego
    4: All Fired Up
    5: Brand New Track
    6: Up
    7: Notorious
    8: Issues
    9: Disco Love
    10: Forever Is Over
    11: Missing You
    12: Work
    13: Not Giving Up
    14: 30 Days
    15: Brand New Track
    16: Gentleman
    17: If This Is Love
    18: Brand New Track
    19: My Heart Takes Over
    20: Just Can’t Get Enough

5. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

At the height of their game?

6. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Is this confirmed?

7. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Great time for a Greatest Hits album before there's more tracks that could miss it. It is all their singles right?

8. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

The-Saturdays.co.uk posted it, who also have the full press release and info on VIP packages and a fan edition of the Greatest Hits so I assume so.

9. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

It will be interesting to see how many tickets they manage to sell; I'm assuming they won't be playing to full capacity at these venues?

10. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Cute.

[​IMG]

11. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

If they can't sell out the Clyde Auditorium then they are pretty fucked.

12. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Hilarious !!!!

13. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

It's a mix of theaters and arenas. They should be fine on most of them. I assume the arena dates are the ones that sold better on the All Fired Up tour.

Big part of the press release:

This is far from a farewell and more of a celebration with the band planning to return to the studio later on in the year to start recording their fifth studio album.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  14. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

I'm glad to hear that they have no plans to split up.

They are a messy girl group but I guess that's part of the appeal.

Unfortunately, I can't go as I'll be on my honeymoon when they come to Glasgow but I hope this is a big success for them.

15. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

I love how there's so much confusion as to how many albums they've had. It says they've had 4 top ten albums, which would indicate they count Headlines as a proper album, but then saying they're recording their fifth album indicates Headlines is just counted as an EP.

16. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

I think they are going with the route that Girls Aloud went with The Sound of Girls Aloud : The Greatest Hits and than continuing with new album etc.

And to be fair it's good collection of singles when you compare to others (no matter what position those songs were). I mean a good Greatest hits to be honest. Hoping that those three new song will be in the vain of Not Giving Up/Notorious/All Fired Up

17. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

I for one like very much that promo picture. Glamour shots clearly don't make them sell, so I think this mix of fun and charm works for them.

Edit:
    Apparently this is the album cover

[​IMG]

You can buy the album with your tickets.

On my top comment, I liked the image for a 'promo picture' but I don't know as an album cover...

18. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Brilliant news, if only for the fact it will finally shut up people that constantly say they need to do this.

19. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

Watching the teaser makes me feel nostalgia. They really have been quite a large part of my pop journey in the last six years!

[video=youtube;by8n5dnLCZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by8n5dnLCZ4[/video]

20. Re: The Saturdays - Greatest Hits (Album/Singles/Tour)

I hope that is the album cover. I really like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.