The Saturdays - General Discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I thought Mr PJ was implying that they could exist alongside Girls Aloud as their sound was different. Anyway if they come on stage after Billiam on the Girls Aloud tour, they probably will sound like the Second Coming in comparison. *chuckle*

2. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

You've cracked Polydor's not very subtle plan, Lisa!

And you're probably right about them co-existing. I may be reading too much into PJ's "aimed at filling the same sort of hole" comment.

3. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I do, I want loads. And there's three big ones coming out this year. Hopefully all three will stick, if not at least one of them.

They were supposed to be the new Pussycat Dolls weren't they?! Thank God neither came to fruition.

4. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I think Girls Aloud fans will see them as competition if they exsist side by side... if Girls Aloud split up, then they'll reject them for not being Girls Aloud! Anyway, we shouldn't worry too much... how many Girls Aloud support acts have gone on to great success in the UK? Hmmm.

5. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Frankie...second coming....

ANYWAY! Yes, I'm glad someone seemingly decent is supporting Girls Aloud.

6. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Moderator

Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

How can they fill the hole left by Girls Aloud when Girls Aloud have yet to leave a hole left fillable?

Until they call the dreaded 'press conference' can we please just assume that Girls Aloud are together for the forseeable future? Are we such fickle consumers of a disposible product that we can't get our head around the fact that the 'usual' three albums and a greatest hits pattern MIGHT NOT be applicable to every pop group?

I'm all for more girl groups co-existing with Girls Aloud, Sugababes and Pussycat Dolls, but some of the doom-mongering going on at the minute regarding Girls Aloud is like burying your Mum at 50, because if she ain't dead yet she may as well be.

7. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

they will probably come on stage, and you can see the whole crowd going "Uh? i thought this was girls aloud i paid for"

8. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Maybe it's like when S Club Juniors arrived to fill S Club's shoes before they split up. I hope not.

9. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

If I ever see a member of S Club Juniors/8 doing anything that I do, I'll watch out for them and their grim-reaper-y ways.

10. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

You may mock but when I went to the Chemistry tour, when Frank came on, the berk sitting next to me said to his lady friend 'Is this Girls Aloud?'

11. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

If Girls Aloud ever do a reunion tour they should have all the girlbands who've supported them over the years to come along and play support again. Nylon, Frank, and The Saturdays. Anyone else?

12. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Ha! My mum is 50-ish and she still squeezes into her leather trousers and goes out clubbing.

13. CheapPop

CheapPop Guest

NO Xenomania, please.

14. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

It's not Xenomania, I thought it was too. Scandipop says NO!

15. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

A new girlband! One is sooo happy!!!

16. CheapPop

CheapPop Guest

Thank God, we need a fresh sound.

17. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I know David Eriksen (who has written Dumb Dumb from Rachel Stevens, Show Me Your Colours from S Club 7) has worked with the ladies. He said that the songs were good. I can't wait for the girls!

18. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I'm actually glad this isn't a Xenomania project (slips on Kevlar vest); it will be nice to hear something new.

With that said, if this "band" finds any sort of success, I demand Polydor gets Higgins to produce a version of "Never Left A Girl" for them. IT NEEDS TO BE A HIT!

19. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Has anyone else realized that on the picture on the front page, the three figures on the right are Kimberely, Cheryl, and Heidi from the Walk This Way cover?

Or am I just that sad?

Where/who are the two on the left from?

20. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I said this a page back, but I said Nicola was Kimberley. I should be punished for that. The squatting one looks like Joss Stone but it's probably not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.