The Saturdays - General Discussion | Page 2271 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. White Lies is my least favourite on the album. I never understood why people thought it should have been a single?!
    Although, I do rather enjoy the majority of On Your Radar.

2. I like 'White Lies' but I did have a bit of a kii when literally all the Popjustice members, their sisters, their moms, and their dogs, praised the shit out of 'White Lies', saying "it should be a single" only for the girls to basically pretend it never existed while on tour, dddddd.

Totto, Vasilios and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. Can we all agree that Chasing Lights was a pretty phenomenal debut album from any band (boy/girl/mixed)?

I still return to that album!

Sugaboy, star.dust, MadameX and 7 others like this.
  4. It was an amazing debut album, but the production left to be desired on a lot of songs, especially in the second half.

'Fall' literally sound like phone recording of a live performance.

5. I’m quite fond of White Lies; it’s a cute little bop. Pure pop bar the middle 8. I’m actually kind of surprised they didn’t perform it considering Falk and Yacoub produced it. They aren’t nobodys. Though I’m sure performing would mean paying them which, after the album bombing, they couldn’t afford.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Utopia likes this.
  6. She did!

I can't find it anymore, though.

7. Didn't she say it during the track by track?

8. Yes, but I can't seem to find it on YouTube?

Was it a flip video?

I can't remember. I just have a vivid memory of Frankie talking about one of the ballads on the album, ddd.

9. It wasn't a flip. If I recall, it was an actual video of them split into two groups where they discussed each track while promoting the album. I remember Frankie saying that Last Call is her favorite song that they've recorded and Mollie praising Vanessa's and Rochelle's emotional delivery in My Heart Takes Over.

10. Quite a few missed singles opportunities from them;

Lies
    Lose Control
    Get Ready, Get Set
    Leave a Light On
    Lease My Love
    Wildfire

Totto likes this.
  11. Yes if eras could be rewritten, Get Ready Get Set could have been a lead single.

Rafa_el and Vixen like this.
  12. Get Ready Get Set and Leave A Light On are both awful single choices.

13. 'Get Ready, Get Set' is so i'm-so-used-to-giving-now-I-get-to-received.gif

One of their best songs ever.

Conan, vague, Totto and 4 others like this.
  14. Oh yes, the album review I was never able to see due to geographic blocking. Ugh.

Vixen and Untouchable Ace like this.
  15. I can't understand how anyone wouldn't like On Your Radar. It's so slick. Chasing Lights and On Your Radar are fantastic pop albums all the way through. Their last sound progression with the greatest hits tracks show they were heading in the right direction.

Rob, JasonJay, sesita and 5 others like this.
  16. Chasing Lights will always be my fav album of them!
    And Wordshaker will always be, eeeeerm, a point of discussion.

JasonJay likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.