The Saturdays - General Discussion | Page 2505 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. I always thought Rochelle made the video, she looks so fierce with that ponytail and her dominating presence.

2. I do still believe the album would’ve been a Top 5 hit had it released after “All Fired Up”, there was a good amount of casual interest with it and “Notorious” that evaporated once “My Heart Takes Over” came out.

Runawaywithme and Mr.Arroz like this.
  3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

All Fired Up is easily their best song - still an enormous rush every time.

tj-x, Conan, sesita and 8 others like this.
  4. All Fired Up is one of the best pop songs of all time. A non-stop thrill ride of a song. What a moment in their discrography.

5. Surely ‘Work’ is closer to being certified than ‘Not Giving Up’?

JasonJay and Christopher1985 like this.
  6. August of 2011, All Fired Up leaking, me looking for blank CDRs around Mykonos, burning the song on one to listen in the car, driving into town at night ready to be a mess... ah that's history.

7. Pleasantly surprised he gave Brian/Xenomania a shout out given he also said this:

I supposed you can be appreciative whilst also being a bit miffed about the way things were run.

Vixen, lushLuck, GCZ and 4 others like this.
  8. All Fired Up is that song.

Vixen, tj-x, chasingthepast and 4 others like this.
  9. All Fired Up should have been their first #1. What a banger.

I miss them. I wish they'd do a mini-reunion or something.

10. The live performances of All Fired Up didn't work at all.

The pre-recorded vocal they used was so airy and lacklustre, and I know the Sats were never known for being great dancers, but the choreography was diabolical.

DoggySwami likes this.
  11. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

WRONG

this is iconic. truly shows how they literally moved positions more than anything else live

Cowboystyle, JasonJay, mguyb and 4 others like this.
  12. I don't even understand the point of pre-recording those vocals some breathy, wobbly live vocals would have at least brought some life to the performance compared to that. The chorus in particularly is awful. I can only assume they recorded it using Voice Memos with a spare 4 minutes they had between appearances.

13. I think he was being sarcastic / having a kii with the Nadine tweet.

2014 likes this.
  14. Would somebody so kindly share with me which Saturdays singles were actually changed/remixed for their single releases vs. which just have shorter radio edits or weren't changed at all? Trying to figure out for playlist purposes.

15. If This Is Love - edited (same mix)
    Work - remixed (crap)
    Just Can't Get Enough - album has radio mix; Finest Selection has video mix
    Forever Is Over - edited (same mix)
    Ego - slightly extended (same mix, extra instrumental bar at the beginning)
    Not Giving Up - remixed (amazing)

I'm not sure if Up is a different mix or not. I think all the others were identical to their album versions.

16. Thanks so much!

17. The radio edit of Up is a different mix.
    My Heart Takes Over was also shortened for the single edit. On streaming Finest Selection weirdly has the album version while On Your Radar has the single edit.

18. Also, the radio edit of “Issues” is remixed and censored.

The only singles completely untouched were:
    • Just Can’t Get Enough (the awful Video Mix remains available only digitally and the radio mix is the album version)
    • Missing You
    • Notorious
    • All Fired Up
    • 30 Days
    • What About Us (although technically, there was a solo version but the single version features Sean Paul as does the album)
    • Gentleman
    • Disco Love
    • What Are You Waiting For?

Everything else was either shortened (“If This Is Love”, “Forever Is Over”, “My Heart Takes Over”), remixed to varying degrees (“Up”, “Issues”, “Work”, “Ego”, “Not Giving Up”), or added a feature (“Higher”).

Aside from “My Heart Takes Over” and “Ego”, all main single versions were included in Finest Selection.

No it doesn’t.
    The physical as well.

19. I can't believe it's been so long since they invented dancing on the bar d-dancing on the bar.

sesita, saviodxl and Utopia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.