The Saturdays - General Discussion | Page 2508 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Oh wow I never knew this. Thanks for sharing.

saviodxl likes this.

2. Not me having a Saturdays resurgence randomly today for the first time in years. This fucking bangs.

3. Rochelle was interviewed on Steph’s Packed Lunch today and said while she’d never say never, she couldn’t ever see herself back performing with the girls.

Sad face.

Vixen, londonrain, pmas and 5 others like this.
  4. That’s sad as she’s a great performer. I guess she doesn’t want to jeopardise her TV presenting career which is understandable. Let’s see what happens in the next few years.

sesita, flapjack- and elektricblue like this.
  5. Rochelle comes across at the member who's having the most solo success at the moment and is certainly hustling hard. It's completely understandable that she wouldn't be ready to go back considering there are lots of great opportunities coming her way. Being in The Saturdays probably wasn't a huge money maker either but I'd like to see them reunite one day for the sake of (what seemed like a genuine) friendship and joy of performing. But let's see!

Vixen, londonrain, goldfish and 6 others like this.
  6. Not to sound rude cos I love me some Sats, but there would really be next to no hype or demand for them to reunite aside from a few die hard fans. And I think they all know that.

elektricblue likes this.
  7. I don't think that's true. The Wanted had a shorter run and, whilst there is a reason for their reunion beyond just wanting to do it, I think it's a decent indication that The Saturdays would be able to generate sufficient buzz too.

Also, last year when their Twitter page started posting stuff, there was a decent level of interest in a reunion on social media when people assumed it was a sign that a reunion was coming. No, I don't think a Saturdays reunion would be huge but I could see them getting a good run of festivals and pride gigs etc. I also think they'd have a decent shot at being a top 10 singles act again if they tried.

Vixen, goldfish, vinegar-tits and 3 others like this.
  8. Also, are they now the last girl group that hasn;t ended on or has had any big drama between the girls? God I miss them. Haha.

9. I was listening to the girls albums on Spotify and was surprised that only a few of their album tracks have over a million streams and it's an... eclectic bunch

Chasing Lights (Deserved)
    Not Good Enough
    Lose Control
    Faster
    For Myself
    White Lies
    Leave a Light On
    Anywhere With You
    Don't Let Me Dance Alone

Vixen, Runawaywithme, sesita and 6 others like this.
  10. White Lies would’ve been such a sensational single. No idea why they didn’t perform it on the All Fired Up tour either.

11. I genuinely think there would be interest for a Sats reunion. Hard to describe it properly but I feel like when they were together, when I told people I was a fan the reaction was a bit cold. Whereas nowadays when I tell people I love them the reaction is a bit more “oh they came on Spotify, they had some great tunes I never even realised”. I feel like there’s a greater response to them on social media and stuff. Their monthly streaming figures are solid. They still get radio airplay. And people know the members a lot better now especially Rochelle and Frankie.

It was definitely the right time for them to split when they did, but I think there would be genuine interest in a tour.

12. Wildfire is that girl. Should have been a single.

13. While I definitely agree that there’s a lot more love for The Saturdays now, I’m still not sure how much it would translate to actual sales.

A joint tour with JLS, or The Wanted probably would’ve been a shout.

Either way, what a discography.

Vixen, sesita, Jackooh and 6 others like this.
  14. It's probably slightly easier for The Wanted being a boyband maybe. But then the gays are loyal too. Let's call it a draw.

Vixen and AfternoonsInUtopia like this.
  15. I feel like The Wanted connected ever so slightly better with the general public too. The way The Sats would go from hit to miss (success wise) in the blink of an eye was astounding.
    Also, revisiting their discography and Gentleman continues to age like milk. Imagine releasing that after the biggest hit of your career thus far... really summed up The Saturdays perfectly.

Vixen, Rob, Runawaywithme and 6 others like this.
  16. I would love a reunion, even if its a one off tour, I'm already there. I miss them quite a bit and have nothing but fond memories of the girls and their music, plus it was a nice change to be a fan of a Girl Group that wasn’t riddled with drama and in fighting (that we know of).

i do think some of their songs have really held up well too, i often go to their music if I'm seriously in need of an anti-depressant, and it automatically puts me in an upbeat mood.

I also remember having the feeling that it all felt very final when i saw them at the Wembley gig for their Greatest Hits tour which made the last time i saw them very bittersweet.

i do think they will reunite at some point in future but when, who knows, i hope it happens eventually!

17. I think I’m content in the fact that we will probably not have any further singles or albums from the girls.
    I think if they were to reunite (which for the record, I’m 100% for that to happen) it would purely be for a celebration. One day I’m sure they will, but it’ll be at the right time.
    I’d love there to be another tour to see the girls live again. They always put on a great show when I saw them live.

I’d also love for them to finally release the All Fired Up Tour footage, seeing as it’s 10 years this year. I know the tour was a big seller, but to have the footage would be great to see. Even just as a digital download or something?

Vixen, londonrain and flapjack- like this.
  18. A bop for the ages. Needed a better, more interesting production to amp it up, but it's God-tier Saturdays. The pre-chorus is fantastic, and Vanessa's and Rochelle's ad-libs towards the end are amazing.

Get this started, hot like fiyah.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Living for the Weekend was a very weird album. Not Giving Up and Disco Love were the only singles worth keeping, and the album tracks ranged from the sublime (Wildfire) to the ridiculous (Lease My Love).

There’s enough on there for a cute EP but as an album… choices were made.

20. Leave A Light On was the one that got away, and all it got was this R̶o̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶U̶n̶a̶ ̶d̶u̶e̶t̶ 4-piece acoustic performance. Mollie's 3 line contribution always has be howling.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    sesita and saturdays20 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.