The Saturdays - General Discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Is the squatting silohuette one of the All Saints? I remember there was a PJ Mystery behind the squatting.

Perhaps that it was all going to go to shit .. Hope this doesn't happen to The Saturdays. I've not heard even a second of them or know what they look like as a unit but I am already very excited by them.

2. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I'm interested. Obviously, the best thing to happen would for their single to go Top 10 while Girls Aloud are still around and making videos, so they're not looked at as being replacements. Not having Xenomania attached? Also a good idea. Having a subtle 80s sample? I eat up just about every song with an 80s sample, so I'm good with that too. The key for them to be successful is going to be excellent music obviously, but also excellent marketing, so that they don't come off as copycats or replacements or too fabricated.

3. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Also, the one in the middle and/or the one on the far-right seem to have their hands in their pockets...

4. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

i just want to know who these girls are! i've been searching for SOMETHING, but who are they? no pictures, myspace...nothing!

anyway i mean im down for a new girl group (i guess) but i feel like what's the point? we have girls aloud sugababes and danity kane...anyway i hope they bring something new to the game....they should kick out the two ugliest ones and have loveshy/clea's leftovers/the girls who weren't good enough to win popstars join the group.

5. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Yay for Frankie being back !

6. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

They sound very promising indeed, so I'll give them a fair chance when I see them at Girls Aloud and hear their music. Girls Aloud have always had one excellent support act for the last two tours (well, at least to me since I bought the Frank album based on their appearance and Rogue Traders go without saying), so maybe The Saturdays are that this year. I'm not too keen on the name though, but it could be worse.

7. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I'm inexplicably excited about this. 80s samples, Frankie, it all sounds so good. I'm most intrigued about their image, to be honest. I feel it's really important for them to have their own "look" so they don't seem like GA carbon copies. I hope they at least have enough success for the album release and we're not saddled with another 411-type debacle.

8. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

Oh, and I think the girl in the left of the picture is Cheryl Tweedy, I remember a picture of Girls Aloud like that, possibely from the last tour programme or calender, it's too early to remember proper.

9. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

i would say it was girls aloud too, but it looks like the squatter is wearing sneakers...and i dont remember girls aloud wearing sneakers, but the girl on the right is wearing a kimberley style outfit, and it looks like her a lot with the tiny waste. hmmmmm.

i just dont get why a group with no myspace is touring with girls aloud? i just want to see them already damnit!

10. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I can never have enough of girlbands. Bring on the other ones (as Mr. PJ said there would be a couple of them) and I'll be happy to check them out.

There should be a bit of healthy competition between these bands and I'm all the more excited for it.

11. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

Google is your friend. The girl on the far left is Nicola from the calender cover, the three on the right are Kimba, Cheryl and Heidi on Walk This Way (which has already been pointed out). Now who's bastard squatting!?

12. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

hopefully it's not avril lavigne or joss stone...that would just ruin my girl group induced boner.

nevermind....joss stone would be barefoot.

13. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

This is what I could find on them.

Hope it's OK for me to post this.

[​IMG]

Una - Rochelle - Vanessa - Frankie - Mollie

Una did backings for Brian Kennedy at the ESC and tried to represent Bulgaria last year as well. She was disqualified at the very last minute, with no reason given.

Mollie participated in the X Factor last year with the girlband Fallen Angelz.

Frankie and Rochelle are the S Club 8 / I Dream girls, but we knew that already.

Vanessa White was previously signed to Polydor as a solo artist, but I don't think she ever released anything.

14. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Kimba does little poos?!

My interest has certainly been piqued, and I'd certainly like to hear their stuff. The S Club actually depresses rather than excites me though. We shall see. But I do think they may have a tough time, GA and Sugababes are such forces of nature in the pop/girlband clique that I can imagine it being bloody hard work to break through to be honest.

15. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

The squatter looks like M.I.A. - she did a whole bunch of photos in sneakers, squatting down... not exactly in-keeping with girl bands mind you.

See here;

http://www.last.fm/music/M.I.A./+images/4417

16. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

The two in the middle look a little bit slutty actually.

*interest is piqued a little more*

17. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Is Mollie wearing pyjamas!?

18. BachelorNo2

BachelorNo2 Guest

Una looks like an Olsen, henceforth she is my favourite.

19. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

How old are those girls? Does the pop world just keep on demanding younger and younger artists? By 2020 I wouldn't be surprised if 4 year olds were dancing around singing "ooh baby i love youuu".

20. Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Frankie and Rochelle are 19, I think, so I guess the others are about the same age.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.