The Saturdays - On Your Radar | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by aOblivious, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's been confirmed that they've been in rehearsal, and they're shooting the video for it tomorrow. We should be hearing it soon.

2. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I wonder if it'll go to #1.

(There I said it.)

3. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

You'd think they might have a chance... but they never seem to be able to manage it.

4. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

The Saturdays are shooting the video right now actually, and I'm excited to hear what the song is like.

Hopefully it's their best single yet!

5. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Already?!

6. upu

upu

Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I really can't wait to know how words from 1 to 7 Mollie will get in this song.

7. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

8. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I'm pretty sure you misquoted him.

9. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I hope it's 7...
    Poor girl, so much better than most of them.

10. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Their tenth attempt at trying to make an impact on the charts... With the amount of media attention they always seem to get it's surprising thet still haven't managed to snap that up. Considering their track record, they have two options: record another awful cover for charity or actually record a very good pop song, i.e. Forever is Over (and not any of the other singles).

The absence of any details surrounding this single and coming album is strange. I hope they've learned from their mistake of adding a rapper to their song. Do they honestly need to shoot a video in LA? I believe the weather is better in the UK and Europe right now than it is in CA.

Pirro Noir

11. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Yes! I love Forever Is Over, easily the best single The Saurdays have released.

(Followed by Higher).

12. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I really love Forever Is Over, but it's so far to be their best single, even far to be their first best single.

13. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Forever Is Over is their worst single to date and was a ridiculous lead for their second album. They are lucky they had the brilliant Ego to somewhat salvage that situation.

Looking forward to hearing this. Hopefully they can get a #1 finally and the song deserves it.

14. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Forever Is Over didn't work for them so they'd be incredibly silly to try a song like that again as the first single, maybe later on when they've matured a bit and their audience has grown, but Up, Ego & Higher have done as well as they have for a reason and if they want a #1 thats their best bet.

15. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

How did it not work for them and it was their highest charting song?

So, what sound do you guys think they will go for with this new single? Hopefully, something heavier and more sultry.

16. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Just Can't Get Enough peaked at 2 also. You want them to release another cover ? Hmmm. Don't think so.
    And, yeah, FIO peaked at 2... But it's one of their less best selling single with Work and ITIL.

17. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

1. Lowest chart run in the top 100 out of all their singles (10 weeks I believe).
    2. 3rd Lowest selling single only beating If This Is Love & Work.
    3. It didn't sell the album very well.

I personally really like Forever Is Over and glad it's one of their songs. It just didn't work as the first single from their campaign really.

18. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

I think a sound like Higher would please everyone.

As for the album, I would like some urban pop/R&B influences.

19. Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Anything like Ego would be amazing.

I have no doubt the song will be good though.

20. RJF

RJF

Re: The Saturdays - New Single

Is it pretty much the general consensus that they really need to start being heavy-hitters with this release? I can't imagine they can spin things out the way they are for much longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.