The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Saturdays - On Your Radar (4th Album - November 21st)

GeorgehPwnsJ00 said:
Love this album so much. Only thing I really dislike is how out of place My Heart Takes Over is.. apart from that, amazing!
I thought the same thing. It is so random.

travk said:
GeorgehPwnsJ00 said:
Love this album so much. Only thing I really dislike is how out of place My Heart Takes Over is.. apart from that, amazing!
I think Wish I Didn't Know is way more out of place than My Heart Takes Over...

travk said:
GeorgehPwnsJ00 said:

*Quickly replaces with the Rokstone mix.* Much better

Mandy-Fan said:
Karma said:
I love Promise Me. It sounds like what everyone else in the charts is doing, but better!

I think you and I have the same taste, ha !
Haha, well it's a good day for me because I genuinely love every song. I've at least liked every song they've ever released - truly! This album is no different.

She/her

This is definitely their best album ! Shitting on Chasing Lights all the way.

They only that's bugging me is how hoarse and nasal Rochelle sounds in Faster, and there are some iffy Mollie vocals in there too.

Loving White Lies the most out of the new tracks! The album does seem to blur together though, as some people have been writing.

She/her

I actually think Mollie and Rochelle sounds so amazing, they have so many amazing moments or shining.
Vanessa and Frankie ? Not so much.
Una does shine a bit too.

I love Vanessa's adlibs on Do What You Want With Me.. it's times like those you think she could maybe get it back.

Listening to Wish I Didn't Know and her adlibs on the final chorus as well make me optimistic.

Edit: The whole album makes Vanessa's voice 'problem' seem like they're being fixed. Optimism.

Holy shit, Rochelle sounds totally amazing at the end of Last Call.

She/her

Karma said:
Holy shit, Rochelle sounds totally amazing at the end of Last Call.

Indeed. They all sound amazing on this song, though.
Mollie and Vanessa nail it on the beginning.

Album is very solid and strong. There's at least 3 or 4 more single worthy songs on here.
The vocals sound the most evened out out of all their albums but it doesn't really feel like a Sats record to me, yet.
I think the album is cohesive rather than samey and I do like all the tracks on first listen.
Standouts are : The singles + Faster, DWYWWM, TWYWM, White Lies, Get Ready-Get Set.
There's something abit off in the arrangement of 'Last Call' that's making me not pick it.
The rest will probably grow on me in a weeks time

So glad that impressions here are generally good. Excited to listen to it!

D

duckface

I suppose it's nice that they seem to be sticking with her. If she really is depressed/ill/whatever then I wish her all the best. If she isn't then I'm hoping for a Return Of The Keisha.

Sounds solid but there's something weird about the sound of the album and I know it isn't the quality because it is already high.

It is very noisy in my earspeakers even for songs like My Heart Takes Over (the chorus to be specific).

I absolutely love this album. It`s amazing! I really like that the vocals are shared, but I wish they shared it a bit more.
My heart takes over has no Mollie, Frankie or Una.
Get ready get set has no Frankie.
The way you watch me has no Rochelle (And Vanessa only does some ad-libs) Frankie is all over this song though and I love it.
For myself has no Mollie or Frankie.
Do what you want with me has no Una or Frankie.
Last call, Frankie has three words. (What`s the point in that)
Move on you has no Vanessa.

It`s the same with So stupid, Ladykiller and Not that kinda girl. Rochelle and Mollie could have sung the second verse and bridge on So stupid. Rochelle could have sung Vanessa`s verse or middle-eight on Not that kinda girl and Frankie could have sung Vanessa`s verse or middle-eight on Ladykiller. I really love all their voices and really think they can have a solo part each on every song. I know that never will happen, but I can hope.

Excluding Singles, This is my choice

Amazing :

Faster
Get Ready Get Set
Do What You Want With Me
White Lies

Good :

I Say OK
The Way You Watch Me

Alright :

Move On You
Last Call

Meh :

For Myself
Promise Me
Wish I Didn't Know

Great Album. Probably my favourite overall

She/her

Mollie is all over "So Stupid" on the backing vocals, the second layered vocals if I can call that like this.
I've made a version with her being more predominant on the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.