The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Saturdays - On Your Radar (4th Album - November 21st)

DarkSacoura said:
I'm very disappointed in this album. It's so lame and shoddily produced. 'All Fired Up' may be one of the biggest examples of style over substance in recent memory, but it was a jaw-dropping pop song. There's nothing else like that on the album. Just empty, poorly written shells of songs for the most part.
I'm quite agog... the production on this album is so many levels above anything they've put out before.

DrummerBoi said:
Do What You Want With Me could have been amazing, if the chorus was faster.

Could have been?! It's the best on the album for me. Can't actually believe it's a Sats song if i'm honest.

Just listening now, up to 'The Way You Watch Me'... 'Faster' is brilliant! And I'm actually really enjoying 'The Way You Watch Me' so far, thought I wouldn't since I don't really like Travie McCoy, but he sounds good!

Just finished listening to On Your Radar seeing as I'm a huge fan of Chasing Lights I didn't think they top that album but they have. The Saturdays have stepped up to the game on this album overall I'm very impressed.

This is how I rate each track:

1. All Fired Up 10/10
2 Notorious 9/10
3. Faster 10/10
4. My Heart Takes Over 6/10
5 Get Ready, Get Set 10/10 (Loving Molluna on this)
6. The Way You Watch Me 8/10
7. For Myself 7/10
8. Do What You Want With Me 10/10 (Love the change at the end, this track surprised me the most, easily becoming one of my favourite album tracks by them)
9. Promise Me 7/10 (Not a fan of Rochelle's vocal on this)
10. Wish I Didn't Know 5/10
11. White Lies 10/10
12. Last Call 4/10 (I find it very forgetful, it might grow on me hopefully)
13. I Say OK 8/10 (Good song, I find the Simon Cowell mention cringeworthy)
14. Move On U 9/10

Shychild90 said:
DrummerBoi said:
Do What You Want With Me could have been amazing, if the chorus was faster.

Could have been?! It's the best on the album for me. Can't actually believe it's a Sats song if i'm honest.

It is one of the best, but I think the chorus lets it down.

My standouts are Faster, The Way You Watch Me and White Lies. Everything else is between good and OK, except for Do What You Want With Me, which I don't like at all.
It's definitely not their best album for me, a lot of the tracks are too similar and I still object to them all but completely ditching their own sound, but it'll do.

Right have finally listened to this all the way through.

I am disappointed, The Sats have lost the identity they once had. All the uptempo songs sound the same and blend into each other

Unbelievably bland

Why do all the uptempo songs have to sound like Cascada cast-offs too?

Best track is the Travie McCoy one by a mile

I'm dying to hear this album, but waiting until tomorrow when my Deluxe Boxset copies.

All these comments are making me die though.. need this album in my life!

A

All6Sugababes

Time to listen to the album!

I got my On Your Radar Deluxe Fan Edition yesterday, Loving the album also the booklet has the lyrics in. And the Headlines Live DVD was amazing to watch. They all sounded great on it.

So far I like Faster and Get Ready Get Set and some songs toward the end of the album. I have mixed reactions to the album after one listen. Need some more time and listens to form a more solid opinion...

In the latest Making Of... video Una and Mollie go on about Frankie being so tiny that she could blow off the cliff in Iceland on the My Heart Takes Over video shoot. I don't think they'd be joking around about that if it was an eating disorder so I think we can rule that out...

They should have reduced the price midweek and seen if that makes a difference.

The_47th_belmon said:
saturdays20 said:
And the Headlines Live DVD was amazing to watch. They all sounded great on it.

Does it include the What Goes On Tour series??

No, just the Notorious and All Fired Up Videos, Remix Videos, and The Making Of.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his

I hope this is good, I'm going to listen to it after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.