The Saturdays - On Your Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Saturdays - On Your Radar (4th Album - November 21st)

Well I recieved my Fan Edition today (thank you Universal Store for continuing to get your shiz together) and I was quite disappointed to find that the actual box wasn't signed and it was just the CD cover again - whilst I'm not complaining I got a signed one, it just would've been a nicer on the box. I can't wait to play the Headlines! DVD later.

Right back to the album, I'm chuffed to see that the girls have co-written/had input in 7 of the 14 tracks (that makes it a total of 10 or 17 of the songs from this era so far). All the songs have finally 'clicked' with me. 'Promise Me' and 'For Myself' are amazing! Shame 'Ladykiller' or 'Not That Kinda Girl' didn't make the Bonus Track cut 'cos 'I Say OK' is definately more B-Side material.

I'm totally in love with 'Do What You Want With Me'. I really like how after the variations in pop genre, we had from dance, rnb, drum'n'bass and dubstep, the album ends with 'Wish I Didn't Know', 'White Lies' and 'Last Call' which takes us back to the more 'traditional' Saturdays-sound from previous albums.

'Faster' needs to be a single, although (no offence to Frankie) her shrill part does get a bit grating on several listens but the lyrics and the middle 8 are amazing so I forget about it.

I'd like to raise my 8.5 to 9/10 - this album is growing on me upon more listens. It's not as instant as Headlines/Wordshaker but (although I love those albums) they grew old quite quickly, it's another Chasing Lights for me!

He/Him/His

Regretting order from Amazon right now, not even dispatched yet! All this for a 80p saving.

Matty_up said:
Regretting order from Amazon right now, not even dispatched yet! All this for a 80p saving.
Haha, I know right?!

I actually saved a lot ordering from Amazon, but damn... dispatch soon please, you fools!

He/Him/His

Karma said:
Matty_up said:
Haha, I know right?!

I actually saved a lot ordering from Amazon, but damn... dispatch soon please, you fools!
Mine was £7.19, such a random price! For dispatch on Monday... WHAT?
Ah well have Rihanna to tie me over, for now.

I pre-ordered it the second it went up on Amazon and I guess sometime after I pre-ordered the price must have gone down to £5.99 cause that's what my price is.

I think they might dispatch it tomorrow today, I ordered My Heart Takes Over from Amazon and they sent it last saturday instead of this monday. It still hasn't arrived yet because I'm in the US but hopefully it's here soon for both of us!

My friends fan edition has arrived and he lives in the same town as me, so fingers crossed. I've just seen my postman on the other side of the road, so he won't be too long! I'm glad I've held off the leak.

Edit: So it didn't arrive. Ah well, the wait goes on.

He/Him/His

Karma said:
I pre-ordered it the second it went up on Amazon and I guess sometime after I pre-ordered the price must have gone down to £5.99 cause that's what my price is.

WOW that is a bargain!

MusicFan said:
Yes. Basically, earlier this year someone added something to Wikipedia along the lines of "Vanessa has damaged her voice due to smoking and drink." It's been deleted now but at the time someone tweeted it to her and amazingly she replied saying she agreed with it. So that's what happened.

It is really noticeable too. Has she quit smoking and drinking? Will it help her vocal chords recover or are they permanently ruined?

Right Here said:
Well I recieved my Fan Edition today (thank you Universal Store for continuing to get your shiz together) and I was quite disappointed to find that the actual box wasn't signed and it was just the CD cover again - whilst I'm not complaining I got a signed one, it just would've been a nicer on the box.

Agreed. That would have looked nice.

The "expanded" booklet was a bit half-arsed, they've just inserted 4 pages of lyrics into the standard booklet, meaning it's bang in the middle of Rochelle's thank yous.

My fan edition has just arrived, I agree with the poster that said the box should be signed, that would have looked so cool! Just going to go and have a listen now!

The wait is going to be long for me as I'm in the Philippines. My fan edition was dispatched on Monday (November 14) and my copies bought from Amazon was dispatched today with an estimated delivery date of December 12. I just want this album so bad!

The way Una sings 'fear' on Wish I Didn't Know brings the song from a 7 to a 9.

It's arrived! Postman delivered it to my neighbor who has just brought it round for me. Very happy, time to give it a blast!

A

All6Sugababes

Voicething said:
It's arrived! Postman delivered it to my neighbor who has just brought it round for me. Very happy, time to give it a blast!

Ooh i love such moments when you're thinking ''oh well maybe another day" and then SURPRISE!

The album is surprisingly good.
My Heart Takes Over is a really bad single decision, it's one of the bad songs of the album.

I give it 8/10, I really can sit and listen to the whole album without skipping songs.

A

All6Sugababes

cortex said:
The album is surprisingly good.
My Heart Takes Over is a really bad single decision, it's one of the bad songs of the album.

I give it 8/10, I really can sit and listen to the whole album without skipping songs.

Off topic-does your username coming from Crash Bandicoot's evil genius?

Very surprised that the HMV exclusive 'slipcases' aren't actually slipcases at all; each individual girl is the cover of the booklet. I think the postman hates me - I just had all five individual covers and the deluxe edition dropped through my letterbox. Happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.