The Saturdays Single + Album Rate RESULTS!! | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays Single + Album Rate RESULTS!!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Blob, May 8, 2011.

1. Ok I thought I'd do one, but a bit different.

As there are so few singles compared to other artists I thought that instead of rating the singles out of 10, we list them in order of preference. So your most favourite being at 1, and you're least being at 9. Same with the albums. Thought it would be fun to do it with the new era coming up!

Just Pm me your lists for both Albums and Singles! You have till Thursday 12th to PM me. Have fun every-one!

Singles...

If This Is Love
    Up!
    Issues
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Work
    Forever Is Over
    Ego
    Missing You
    Higher

Albums...

Chasing Lights
    Wordshaker
    Headlines

So here's hows it worked. Everyone has sent in a list of what their favourite to least favourite singles/albums are. The single that came in 1st place gets awarded a 10. 2nd place a 9 and so on till 9th place gets a 2.

The albums work similar however it's 1st gets 3, 2nd 2 and 3rd 1 point.

I shall be revealing the results over the course of the next week. Hope this is fun for some people!

9th Just Can't Get Enough

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

I assume the number 1 single gets 10 points, number 2 9 etcetera?

Oh, and make sure to include a list of all releases in the opening post to make sure everyone's voting for the same selection!

3. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

You would be assuming right! And I'll amend the first post to include all the releases. Thank you!

Edit: Regarding Headlines! I'd say vote for the First edition rather than the second (deluxe) one. Thanks!

4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Done.
    And yeah, I realize my vote's rather 'unpopular'.

5. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

I actually love/ like all their singles so it was kind of hard seeing the last two songs in my order last since I liked them but it had to be done.

I'm sure I can guess what song will come out on top and what on bottom but maybe there will be surprises in the middle.

6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah, with a few songs I felt bad putting them as low as I put them.. If we'd gone with grades I wouldn't have gone below a 7.

7. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

I only didn't go with grades because there are so little songs. This way I think it kinda makes it easier and more fair.

8. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Isn't Notorious being released in like two weeks? I feel like we should have waited till then!

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I think when that's out we'd have to wait a few weeks again, because it either would take some time to grow on people, or everyone would put it at number 1 because it's new and fresh..

10. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

I was hoping to have all the results posted before the 22nd May release date. A nice way into the new era I thought...

11. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

Just PM'd you my ratings, Blob. These results will be very interesting. I always find it shocking (and so incredibly wrong) when people say Wordshaker is a better album then Chasing Lights.

It would be pointless including Notorious as opinions can change over time. Some songs don't stand the test of time, others improve. To truly be able to judge a song, you have to look back at it a few months later. And by that time, another single will be out. It's a never ending cycle.

12. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I was very torn.. When Wordhaker came out I thought it was okay but hardly a patch on the flawless Chasing Lights. But Wordshaker grew a lot on me, and there's not one song I dislike on there either (well, Ego a bit).. I won't spoiler but my vote really could swing either way.

13. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

Did you go through the proper channels of the waiting list before making this? ops and his possey will be on your ass about this one, otherwise.

14. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

Oh shit.

15. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

Hahaha! Love it!

I'm gonna do it anyway.

16. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

That wasn't easy. My choice of albums is definitely going against the grain.

17. ops

ops

Oh shit, I have a posse now? Haha.

No but seriously, I don't particularly care about this going ahead since it's so tiny anyway. Plus it's basically up to you guys to know when you want to do these - the burnout feeling re: single rates has lifted for now, I think. I was just suggesting a bit of structure, and this wouldn't fit very well in that structure due to its size anyway.

18. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

Definitely tough, I love all the singles!

19. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

One thing...are we voting for the original Headlines! or the expanded set?

20. Re: The Saturdays Single + Album Rate

From the 3rd post:

Edit: Regarding Headlines! I'd say vote for the First edition rather than the second (deluxe) one. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.