The Saturdays - Wordshaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sugaste

Re: The Saturdays - Wordshaker (2nd album - October 12th)

Sally_Harper said:
I was in Liverpool today and saw two HUGE "The Saturdays-Wordshaker,the new album blah blah blah" billboard advert things,literally round the corner from each other. It was quite a surprise,but in a good way.

Ooh; I'll have a lookout for them at the weekend, where abouts in liverpool are they?

Sugaste said:
Sally_Harper said:
I was in Liverpool today and saw two HUGE "The Saturdays-Wordshaker,the new album blah blah blah" billboard advert things,literally round the corner from each other. It was quite a surprise,but in a good way.

Ooh; I'll have a lookout for them at the weekend, where abouts in liverpool are they?
Just inside the Old Swan area,when you approach from the Mersey Tunnel side. They're facing different directions, so I only realised there were two on the way back. I wish I'd taken a photo of one of them.

I hate it when they plug/beg on Twitter or in the emails or forum. In theory,the only people who see those are obviously fans and have either already got or will be getting the single at some point so it doesn't seem necessary. It just makes me want to tell them,I did buy it,now leave me alone!

A

Aamyko

I'm not surprised at all this is charting high, there is a major drought in Pop right now and this song is sadly one of the best pop songs out there.

He/Him
CharDog1 said:
utopia6021 said:
DanceForever said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but apparently this song was intended for Kelly Clarkson & the Saturdays "stole" it off her....from digitalspy so no idea how true/untrue it is:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a180477/saturdays-stole-song-from-kelly-clarkson.html

More like it was offered to Kelly and she didn't want it.

She prefers Katy Perry rejects and rehashed Ryan Tedder tracks.

No, her label does because they're desperate for a hit. Kelly actually prefers to write her own stuff. See: My December.

I could totally imagine Kelly singing Forever Is Over though.

I'm pleasantly surprised about high the single is, there are far better songs on the album which could have been released but I'm still pleased that this is going to be a big hit for them. Come on The Saturdays! Another top 3 song will be fantastic news, I mean think about all of the amazing Girls Aloud songs which haven't even got that accolade - Biology is always the first one which springs to mind.

he/him
CharDog1 said:
utopia6021 said:
DanceForever said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but apparently this song was intended for Kelly Clarkson & the Saturdays "stole" it off her....from digitalspy so no idea how true/untrue it is:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a180477/saturdays-stole-song-from-kelly-clarkson.html

You really think that if both Kelly Clarkson and The Saturdays wanted the song James Bourne would have given it to The Saturdays? No.

and the Katy Perry rejects and most of the Ryan Tedder rehashes are still better than this

I can't wait to get this album now. Hopefully it arrives before monday! Excited to hear all the songs in full, specially Here Standing, Ego & One Shot.

he/him

starlightexpresser said:
is there any fan edition album avalable from their site etc?

Andy
xxx

You can get a version with a slipcase from hmv.com

utopia6021 said:
CharDog1 said:
utopia6021 said:
DanceForever said:

You really think that if both Kelly Clarkson and The Saturdays wanted the song James Bourne would have given it to The Saturdays? No.
It's entirely possible.

Especially as the Saturdays were making it a single.

I am unbelievably happy for The Sats and how well the song is doing, but... I don't understand how "Forever Is Over" is potentially going to be a top ten hit, and "Work" wasn't...

R

Resi12

Makes me laugh when pages ago people where saying The Saturdays were now hated and this single was going to bomb.

Glad to see it doing well, nice song. Pity the video is truly shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.