The Saturdays - Wordshaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Saturdays - Wordshaker (2nd album - October 12th)

drewbilation said:
I love Frankie's voice. I know that she's not really that great technically, but there's something really appealing about her vocals to me... I don't know if it's her tone or inflections or what, but I really like her solo bits.

I couldn`t agree more! I love her voice aswell!

Favourite Order:

1. Lose Control
2. Open Up
3. Ego
4. Here Standing
5. Forever Is Over
6. No One
7. One Shot
8. 2 a.m.
9. Denial
10. Wordshaker
11. Not Good Enough
12. Deeper

*Nadinefan* said:
drewbilation said:
I love Frankie's voice. I know that she's not really that great technically, but there's something really appealing about her vocals to me... I don't know if it's her tone or inflections or what, but I really like her solo bits.

I couldn`t agree more! I love her voice aswell!

agreed! i love frankie's voice <3

On Wordshaker, in the second verse does Vanessa say "Leaving, I tell you that's impossible and you are speaking - " as in speaking s%&* ?

RUNAWAY

Staff member
he/him

Okay, best to worst

One Shot
Lose Control
Wordshaker
Forever is Over
Here Standing
Not Good Enough
Denial
Open Up
No One
Deeper
2 AM
Ego

There is one song on this album that is, in my opinion, their best song to date and holds the potential to elevate the group to a new level of fame and recognition in public consciousness.

The others fair well enough for being a Saturdays album.

I was just about to go to bed when I noticed this thread had aquired about five new pages,and thought the album must have leaked.
I'm on Lose Control at the moment,and it,Here Standing and Denial are my favourites so far. My main thoughts are Mollie and Frankie sound bloody great,and I wish Vanessa had laid off the crazy adlibs a bit-the second chorus onwards of every song so far seems to have turned into her yelling over the top of everyone.

On Not Good Enough now-dear God,what have they done to it? The grammar is still terrible,which I would have thought would be the first thing to go,but it hasn't, and the song itself sounds bloody weird.

I'm not sure if I like it or not so far. I'll have to listen again when I'm less tired.

Good lord, this album is actually amazing. I was NOT expecting to like it more than CL, but I already do. It's so pop, it's utterly delicious. The girls did a fantastic job, there's no sophomore slump in sight here.

Also, 2 a.m. is controlling my life right now. I honestly can't stop playing it.

I love Deeper. My God. And 2am so far is amazing-Frankie opening it,followed by Mollie! I'm in heaven!
EDIT:FUCKING HELL FRANKIE GOT TWO VERSES IN 2AM!!!!

2 a.m. = Why Me, Why Now. And that makes me so happy, it's almost ridiculous.

It is ridiculous.

stuckinarut said:

It is ridiculous.

It's like part 2,isn't it! Makes me very happy also,Why Me Why Now is my favourite off Chasing Lights.

Sally_Harper said:
stuckinarut said:

It is ridiculous.

It's like part 2,isn't it! Makes me very happy also,Why Me Why Now is my favourite off Chasing Lights.

It's my favorite, as well! I always seem to get laughed at for admitting that.

I really want to hear this album now but I won't be able to listen to it in proper HQ until after two weeks of the release!

Forever Is Over makes so much more sense with that new intro!

It's simple pop music. Not forced. Not drowning in overproduction. Sugary and bubblegum. It's not trying to be anything it's not, and perhaps that's why I like it so much. Much better than the debut album. I am now a legitimate Saturdays fan.

That said, the grammatical error in 'Not Good Enough' makes me die. However, I do love the shameless sugar-overdose of 'Deeper', '2AM', 'Open Up' and 'Lose Control'.

Status
Not open for further replies.