The Saturdays

just watched the videos, Rochelle absolutley owned the middle-8 it's the best we've heard it in ages! She also did a great job on the ad-libs of Just Cant Get Enough, i want Rochelle to be waiting for Una to do them in rehersals for the summer gigs and tell her that there has been a change of plan! Honourable mentions to Frankie and Mollie for commendable efforts, I think we will see them covering those lines more for the next few shows so hopefully they will grow into them.

I wonder whether Una really does mean summer, as in sometime between June-August, as the time she'll return or whether she will do one or two performances on Daybreak or whatever during 30 Days' release week. I suppose they don't really have to have her there, she doesn't even sing that much but I can see her doing a daytime TV slot or something to 'show her face'. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Filthy Tweet Directed at a Saturday of the Week: https://twitter.com/Jasa88/status/186392943970619394

Jeez, let us clarify once more, Vanessa is not morbidly obese and gaining weight will not damage your voice. Just look at Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls.
Going from Opera to Pop would actually make you a better singer overall since you're being trained to sing correctly. It would 'damage' the Opera voice in a sense but certainly not the way Vanessa's has deteriorated over the years and in such a short time.
Smoking isn't a really a big issue either because Adele smoked up til her throat infection.
P!nk smoked too. The only thing smoking would do is give the voice a lower/husky tone---which did happen to Vanessa. And that could be attributed to her getting older too.
Bad technique from the early days and every likely an actual illness (nodules) are the only logical explanations.
And like already mentioned it's so glaringly obvious it's become one of those things in Pop culture that is well known but never talked about.

oneshyguy46 said:
I love this track. I'm sad I'm the minority it seems.

If in fact it is a re-release you think they will release two singles?? Like how Pink released 'perfect ' and 'raise your glass' for her greatest hits release.
Why did you compare a Greatest Hits to a re-release though...?
Most people release at most 2 singles off a re-release I think. 3 at a push. I'm thinking of Rihanna's GGGB:Reloaded which had 3 singles but technically Rehab, being the last single from that whole era, was from the original album. Remember it's a continuation from a full album that most likely already had 4, 5 or even 6 singles lifted from it. (i.e Katy Perrys new re:release).
Not to worry though we've followed The Sats long enough to know that a 2nd, vastly superior in this case, single is on the way.

he/him
RadarX said:
And like already mentioned it's so glaringly obvious it's become one of those things in Pop culture that is well known but never talked about.

It's glaringly obvious to fans but to anyone else. I see comments saying that Vanessa is the only talented member and she holds the other girls up a lot.

Meh, this is B side material at best. Thier last 3 singles were much better. Still, I hope it does well for them, this is the first one if theirs I have disliked since Missing You.

JUSTICE said:
Yeah but Vanessa's keeps attempting big notes and burning. It's almost as if they think she's going to get her voice back. I don't mean to sound extremely shallow, but her gaining so much weight in 2011 had to damage her voice in some way.

Look at her here. Amazing, and they look like such a band there, whereas now, lets be honest, they've gone to shit image wise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rM8kK-Di_w&feature=g-vrec&context=G2ebc8b4RVAAAAAAAABA

http://vimeo.com/8350400

Love that Ego performance on DOI. they look awesome and certainly so on Alan Carr... I think they work hard at what they do so we need to give them a break and enjoy them before they split - which it seems is what the negativity on here is willing them to do?

At this point i'd rather have more Saturdays then have Girls Aloud back.

I play the Sats when getting ready for nights out with girlfriends and they always say 'you forget how many good songs the saturdays have'... spread the positivity guys..!

This is such a B-side, but the worst thing is that there are singles on the album, had they decided to release one. With Una's pregnancy, they should've pulled a Beyonce and done two or three low budget videos early so they have options. Worst case senario, they only release one song as a single and the rest can be used for a Video Anthology sort or release or something. If they have no faith in their albums, they need to stop releasing them and wasting that music. There are a good three or four single worthy tracks on the album.

One question, if Una is on maternity leave until summer, do we expect her to be in the video? I guess any performances with her are out of the question, but I was wondering about that video as well.

LetsGetToIt said:
One question, if Una is on maternity leave until summer, do we expect her to be in the video? I guess any performances with her are out of the question, but I was wondering about that video as well.

Yes, Una's in the video - they filmed it at the end of February. Her bump will be edited out.

lecous said:
JUSTICE said:
Yeah but Vanessa's keeps attempting big notes and burning. It's almost as if they think she's going to get her voice back. I don't mean to sound extremely shallow, but her gaining so much weight in 2011 had to damage her voice in some way.

Look at her here. Amazing, and they look like such a band there, whereas now, lets be honest, they've gone to shit image wise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rM8kK-Di_w&feature=g-vrec&context=G2ebc8b4RVAAAAAAAABA

http://vimeo.com/8350400

I play the Sats when getting ready for nights out with girlfriends and they always say 'you forget how many good songs the saturdays have'... spread the positivity guys..!

Haha, me too! All Fired Up and Notorious are perfect predrink/get ready songs! And my friends are the same, they comment on how decent their songs are but aren't big fans.

I bought Hello magazine yesterday and Aoife is a seriously cute baby! Frankie bought her a Swarovski crystal embellished dummy amongst other things ha.. and Rochelle and Vanessa bought her Dolce & Gabbana clothes, and Mollie Ralph Lauren outfits.. not even a month old and she's a fashionista already!

he / him
I'm so glad they recorded this and released it instead of anything from the album. Sure, they could have released something they already had but this is just as strong, if not stronger, than any of the tracks on it. It's certainly the best single choice of them all.

Still not impressed with this but after not being able to remember any lyrics or the way the song goes after several listens since Friday, I can at least remember the '30 days to us, oh woah oh, 30 days to love' line now, but this definitely won't revive interest in the album unfortunately. Oh, and I agree with LightningRider that the next single better be an Xenomania production, albeit a more poppy sound rather than the full on dancey stuff. I really think they were onto something with them and should work with them more.

Excited to see the video now, even if the song doesn't match a diner setting! Ha.

I sometimes forget just how well Vanessa used to sing. It's a shame we only heard her amazing voice for the first album. I'd love to have seen "old Vanessa" sing tracks like Notorious, My Heart Takes Over, All Fired Up, Last Call, Higher etc.

Seriously, check out her big note in 'Fall' from the Work tour. Flawless.

I just don''t understand why they choose such bad singles. To a casual music fan, their discography is If This Is Love, Up, Issues, Just Can't Get Enough, Work, Forever Is Over, Ego, Missing You, Higher, Notorious, All Fired Up, My Heart Takes Over and 30 Days.

Not a great list at all, especially when you think of the amazing songs that are left as unknown album tracks (I mean, who the fuck chooses My Heart Takes Over over White Lies, Forever Is Over over Ego, Missing You over Higher, If This Is Love over Up? etc).

R

Resi12

Is this seriously the best they could do? "30 days to us, 30 days to love"?

Hideous, it sounds so dated. Like some leftover Steps song that was re-done by some Guetta wannabe. Cringe and shame..

He / Him / His
I've concluded that If This is Love, My Hearts Takes Over and even Just Can't Get Enough are better than this, earning it pride and place as their worst single. I genuinely want them to do well but I'm putting in an early prediction for 'Drummer Boy' levels of success and a downward slope from there.