The Saturdays

F

Former member 330

It's a bit bland for 2012. Like a mash of Notorious and Higher. I don't rate them as a great video act anyway but they've had several better ones. I think they're in a really iffy place to be honest. If your latest track/video isn't better than everything before it, what's the point? They should be improving and evolving, they've stayed static for too long.

^ I agree with you, they do just seem to plod along but hey, this track might surprise everyone (yeah right!). They went two steps forward with All Fired Up (there is something about that song that made me sit up and think, 'finally!' and the video only added to that) and a few other tracks on OYR, now it's two steps back again to an iffy place with this dire song. It won't strengthen their position nor do well, just loosen it even more.

They never will be properly massive but I wish the girls and their A&R would just try harder and be a bit more creative with all aspects of their music rather than settling for second best and 'ok' most of the time. Surely they want to advance.. right? At least I'd hope so. It's tiring being so frustrated as a fan of these girls willing them and their team on to do better and make wiser decisions, evolve etc but it never happens. And like I've said previously in here, if they go over to America and try their luck they can't make this their debut. They shouldn't even bother going if their team decide to release this as their first single... Higher is their best chance.

Oh and why is Rochelle even going speed dating in the video when she's engaged and shows it off in the video to the guy she's talking to? Ha.

This campaign feels like a total mess and I dislike the song I just want it over with already and move to the next single (if there is one).

Feltano said:
Rochelle just got even more amazing - she just tweeted this:

Samantha Brick needs a check up from the neck up! Did she never get taught arrogance is UGLY?! It instantly turns me off someone! Eww x

Amazing. 'Check up from the neck up'.

Weirdly, I liked it.

They didn't just look like robots who were acting like they were having fun - they actually looked like they were having fun. I love all the faces they pull and Una's baby bump moment.

Better than the Notorious video anyway.

TJ said:
They went two steps forward with All Fired Up (there is something about that song that made me sit up and think, 'finally!' and the video only added to that) and a few other tracks on OYR, now it's two steps back again to an iffy place with this dire song. It won't strengthen their position nor do well, just loosen it even more.

You moan because they haven't advanced, other people here were hoping they would retreat even further, back to their Higher or Ego sound. So it's basically the same story as ever: they can't make everyone happy.

TJ said:
They never will be properly massive but I wish the girls and their A&R would just try harder and be a bit more creative with all aspects of their music rather than settling for second best and 'ok' most of the time. Surely they want to advance.. right? At least I'd hope so.

They took risks with the sound and structure of Notorious and All Fired Up and it backfired, let them play safe for once: now what they need is a sure hit, so they've done the right thing: release something that sounds current with a full, catchy melody (something that they haven't used too much in this campaign). If they would do something different it would alineate people once again.

They shouldn't even bother going if their team decide to release this as their first single... Higher is their best chance.

I think they shoudl've gone for Higher to try and reach other markets a year ago, but that boat has sailed; the production is too simple and subpar and it sounds too dated now. White Lies has the same pop vibe with a much current production.

xxwtsxx said:
Boring , how many more videos of them having fun we need?

well its a fast dance song what did you want them to do?

i liked it, it was fun! and Una's facial expressions were hilarious! the only thing that bugged me was the extremely wide screen... i mean... why?

Their personalities are FINALLY shown in this video (individual speed dating reactions, the arrival at the diner, the dancing at the end) but it just looks so cheap.

I don't even know what to say about this release. I can't see what it'll do for their careers except gain them yet another mediocre selling top ten single.

The song builds up SO well, too, with the "can't wait to say i'm coming home....home.....home" part and then the chorus is just so weak and lifeless.

For those who don't have MTV Hits, I think the behind the scenes show (and I'm guessing the video being played at the end too) for 30 Days is on Viva at 1.30pm.

Although watch it be the Notorious behind the scenes instead haha.

xxwtsxx said:
Boring , how many more videos of them having fun we need?

Seriously? I'm not saying you in particular, but a lot of poeple on here bitched and moaned about them not showing enough personality in their videos, doing their usual pout and pose thing. They actually decided to go for a fun, light video here, and some of you still aren't satisfied.

I like it. It's not amazing, but did we really need it to be? It does its job, as does the song. It could go top 3 if they push it enough.

good work girls. maybe not ground breaking but it's cute, and the concept fits... essentially it's a countdown till they see their boyfriends again, right?

'they're away, we're bored, come on girls, lets go out and have a bit of fun.. ah hang on, no one else will do but you... 30 days to (wait till) love.....'

... works. the only issue i have with the song.. is fair enough, it's a song about missing someone.. but with a video like that, i'd expect the song to sound a bit 'happier'? like.. the 'oh-woah-oh's sound a bit sad? if that makes sense?

they are wearing a ridiculous amount of makeup though. thats the main comment i hear about them.. 'too much makeup'.

anyway! let see what happens :)

The 'SATS 1' number plate and car outside with the make up shots are the worst for me. Other than that, yeah it's nothing amazing but not bad. Nice, cute, light hearted and naturally fun. I love their reactions.

Video isn't bad. Not their best.

The concept would work better if the song was called "30 Seconds to Love" to tie in with the whole speed dating thing.

The thing thats bothering me about this release is the fact I have no desire to replay the song, which is a first for me and their singles to be honest.

It's not a bad video by any means (they all look amazing) but the concept is a bit stale for me. It's been done a million times before. It feels like they're just retreading old ground here instead of seeking out (wait for it...!) development.

It would make sense as the lead single off a greatest hits package, however now I just can't help feel sorry for White Lies, Get Ready Get Set and Faster just sat there waiting to be released. Then again the album bombed so they're making the most out of the current situation, I guess.

The best thing about the video is when Una rubs her belly telling the guy she's preggers.. Ha! Her face! 1:43..

The song has grown on me.. I hope it does ok for them..