The Saturdays | Page 2513 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Yeah, 'On Your Radar' is an amazing album. Still their best.

2. On Your Radar is indeed excellent. I want a sliver vinyl with a high gloss sleeve and the three B Sides as bonus tracks as they were all amazing and better than some of the album.

3. A real shame cause I feel like My Heart Takes Over was the perfect song for them to do on X-Factor.

4. I actually want this now!!!

Runawaywithme likes this.
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

Frankie is going into the jungle:

6. I've been listening to On Your Radar nonstop after what is seemed to be years without listening to them at all. Came here to comment on that and I'm glad the album is getting the praise. It was, indeed, their imperial phase.

On that note, I'm not a huge fan of My Heart Takes Over, but the Rokstone Mix goes off. I have a playlist with my version of On Your Radar and I absolutely pretend the Rokstone Mix is the album one (I also include Alexis Jordan's Good Girl because if fits just right if you put it besides Faster on the tracklist)

Mr.Arroz, chrisjche, Sugaboy and 2 others like this.
  7. Also, just like Chasing Lights was Vanessa's, Wordshaker was Rochelle's and Headlines was Una's, On Your Radar was absolutely Mollie at her peak.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

At least Frankie had S Club Juniors/8!

9. We can pretend that Living For The Weekend was hers

Larsen likes this.
  10. Not the album she’s barely on! Dddddd

I always felt On Your Radar was Una’s album though.

TMI, flapjack- and DoggySwami like this.
  11. I mean she's barely on any is she?

12. I actually think Rochelle was at her best during the Living for the Weekend era! From What About Us to What Are You Waiting For she truly came into her own and dominated.

Island, JasonJay, Angeleyes and 3 others like this.
  13. Franchesca has her moments! For example, I love her delivery of "Boy you’ve got me hanging but it’s so hard to hold on" in Wordshaker.

Thats all I can think of right now dddd

Redout likes this.
  14. Her intro on Lies is a career highlight…. Period.

Sally_Harper, Vixen, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  15. I'd probably give Frankie Chasing Lights or Wordshaker with Vanessa, purely because that was her most confident era and before she got relegated to 90% harmonies and the odd solo line here and there. Una and Mollie absolutely share On Your Radar, and Living For The Weekend was clearly Rochelle becoming the "lead" of the group, even though that had been set in motion as far back as late 2011.

Vixen, Elysium, JasonJay and 2 others like this.
  16. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of Frankie's voice but I don't think it was always used in the best way. For me her best vocal performance was great leading the chorus on this track.

Holly Something, mguyb, Vixen and 8 others like this.
  17. This remains one of my favourite Saturdays tracks. It’s gorgeous.

mguyb, Mr.Arroz, Elysium and 4 others like this.
  18. Faster is my favourite Saturdays song and that is also very Frankie heavy.

Holly Something, 2014, mguyb and 11 others like this.
  19. How're we discussing Frankie's best vocal moments yet her bit on Denial hasn't been mentioned? Or is it just me?

20. Island

Island Staff Member

Ok but this was pretty good:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.