The Saturdays | Page 2514 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. When I think of Frankie’s vocals.. I absolutely love her on Missing You and Turn Myself In.

popjunkie, Elysium and Vasilios like this.
  2. I’d like her verse on “Missing You” better if they didn’t autotune her to death. Poor woman was the only one on the song with autotune cranked up to 11 as well, I’m sure that helped her confidence!

Musiquelover64 likes this.
  3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Isn't the Rokstone mix the one that kinda sounded like Nicole Scherzinger's "Don't Hold Your Breath"?

4. Yup.

Both versions are both equally good, aren't they? The original is gorgeous as it is, obviously. And the Rockstone Mix kinda give it the extra edge, and it works surprisingly well - probably because, at the end of the day, it's just another Ina-penned track, so that chorus be soaring.

5. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Also, this was literally one of their best single packages. The b-sides...chef's kiss

Holly Something, upu, Totto and 16 others like this.
  6. Frankie owns some of the best tracks they have. From the moment she was in S Club til the end of The Saturdays she shines in pop music providing some of the best moments it has to offer.

The ambient version is my favorite. Such a solid stripped back moment for them.

7. I still don’t get why people said that the Rokstone Mix sounding like “Don’t Hold Your Breath” was a bad thing, as if The Saturdays were somehow selling out? They were always trend chasing. Besides, I think that, while the original is lovely, the Rokstone Mix fits better with the era.

8. The Saturdays were a band for the Huns before being a Hun was a thing.

9. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…

…but the Saturdays Greatest Hits needs to be released as four disc vinyl edition, with both the hits and b-sides!

A flawless collection (albeit a few missteps) that simply slaps!

10. A perfect little EP!

11. Waiting nearly 2 years to get the studio version, only to find they'd ripped out all the chorus harmonies and essentially turned it into a Vanessa solo... a crime. Still a great song though.

JasonJay, Elysium and TMI like this.
  12. While we’re talking about great Frankie moments, the middle 8 she shares with Una in Flashback is one of the best moments in any Saturdays song.

13. If you're in the US, Christmas Wrapping finally made it's way to Spotify for us this year via a 2021 compilation (it wasn't previously available). I just randomly tried looking for it a day ago when creating a Christmas playlist and was surprised to find it playable for me:

14. Good listen

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...irl-band-and-now/id1595780096?i=1000544139510

“Rylan first met Rochelle Humes at secondary school when he was just 11. Since then, Rochelle has gone on to be part of S Club Juniors, The Saturdays, and is now a popular TV presenter.
    In this episode, the pair reminisce about school days, early fame and what happened next. As ever, Rylan has a surprise guest up his sleeve. So which singer, actor and dancer will Rochelle be reunited with”

15. How is Frankie doing on I'm a Celebrity? It seems like she is lasting a long time there.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  16. She is coming across well. Has done well in the couple of trials she has done. Had a bit of drama with Naughty Boy but that was him acting the fool.

I don't think she will win as she has been very in the background but she's survived the first two eliminations and I think there is at least 3 other people who will be out before her.

DoggySwami likes this.
  17. She just did a solo trial and handled it very well.

YourLeadSinger and Vixen like this.
  18. She also just sang All Fired Up’s chorus acapella.

19. Island

Island Staff Member

Someone tell her to do One Step Closer acapella.

Rob and Holly Something like this.
  20. I didn't know this existed! I like it.
    *Fool No More

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.