The Saturdays | Page 3456 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. My heart sank when I saw the bloomin' Citreon at the start, but I think they have done a very nice job with this. Like others I like that it isn't quite perfect and there are a couple of clumsy moments, but overall it looks very sleek and sexy and works with the song.

The girls all look incredible, and there are some really brilliant moments (I love the shots of Una within the triangle, and Rochelle looks absolutely incredible - Zoozbuh's avatar being a case in point).

I hope this does well for them. It feels like the sort of single Capital should have on heavy rotation and is

2. Having watched again the best bit of the video is Vanessa's turn and hair flip at 1:14. It's perfectly timed with the kind of crashing noise on the backing track.

I love little moments like that.

3. The video is incredible, I love it! I may have to watch it again!

4. MOLLIE CHANNELING OOPS!

My life has been made. It was so worth rushing home too (even though I played some of it in class earlier...) Also, you could pretty much cancel out the opening car scene and just go straight to the album version with Rochelle's verse and treat it as a flawless video.

5. It's only been 5 and a half years since you first said that.

6. Last week was Disco Love's 17th week inside the UK top200, matching Missing You's run (with half of the sales, but still). And it should stay there this week.

7. Una looks fucking incredible in this video.

It's almost like their "colour" comments were sarcastic, isn't it?

8. I'm glad it's very stark. Colour would have made it look cheap(er).

9. Vanessa hasn't looked this flawless since they were doing promo for Ego. The fact that she got the light cross...

Vesus.

10. I'm still re-watching this over and over and I'm just so proud of them.

11. They can go global with this.

12. Hitori

Hitori Guest

This should be the second US single. OM-US-G all over again.

13. I love the moments of half-arsing-ness from Vanessa. Silent protest. Brilliant.

14. My main complaint with the video is some of the shots of Vanessa are so dark. You can barely see her!!

15. The racism!

I love that little hip shake dance move in the chorus.

16. SBK

SBK

They know you're buying Vas. They know you're not local!

17. Now that I think about it, colours are not lost yet. Their remixes videos mostly use some graphic effects, including some colour insertion. Surely post-production won't be the same as 'live-effects', but oh well...

I love the clip as it is. Dynamic light changes and monochromatic looks. However - yes, the choreography is sloppy and the presence of the light tubes makes it far more obvious. Since it's the music video and they decided to do some structured and ordered dance routine, they could have worked a bit more on that aspect. I don't care for 'live'-performances dancing... They might as well sit on a sofa and send smiles and kisses to the audience while performing, haha...

18. They should bring the release forward a week.

19. My only real complaint is the same as everyone else, the choreography bits were a mess for such a sleek video. Definitely could have done without the strip lights, though it works wonderfully in the last section with them in a circle. If they wanted to keep it in I'd rather they'd done one without the them and kept it for the second chorus only, so that there would be variation with both.

It's their third best video though, so it's not like it's a big issue. I've watched it seven times now, and I keep finding new reasons to love it.

20. Watching this and then the 'All Fired Up' video is an experience from the gods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.