The Saturdays | Page 4502 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. I think the two key moments where I felt The Saturdays were gaining momentum/onto something big were pretty much the whole Chasing Lights era and the What About Us release week. Apart from that, I felt they were just there.

thequinntessential likes this.
  2. They filled the void between Girls Aloud ending and Little Mix taking off with some fun faceless bops. That's all anyone really needed from them.

Sugaboy, slaybellz, Mvnl and 6 others like this.
  3. Nooooo, not those ones... The choreography was great. They had to ruin it somehow, didn't they.

4. The fact they had more US promotion than Little Mix ever had.

I will say, so many of my straight girl friends love their songs. My sister just messaged me today saying how many bops they had. I definitely think they're more revered by the general public than we think. A reunion tour would sell nicely I would imagine if promoted correctly.

Vixen and goldfish like this.
  5. The 2014 MTV Live set was the first time the girls TRULY looked like they were being held hostage. They did not give one fuck at that point.

sesita likes this.
  6. Don’t you just love how the Megamix has taken on a life of its own and has become something of a cult classic?

Sugaboy, acl, Tony Lamezma and 18 others like this.
  7. No, it was the Tonight Show that they did which seemed like such a big deal for them. But yeah, overall the promo was messy. And it was weird that they did no promo for the song outside of the show promotion. It’s fully like they got an offer for a show about breaking America and thought might as well release something there.

8. I think they honestly might have got the E! deal before anything else ddd. It was a strange time since - from what I remember from fan forums and press stuff at the time - What About Us was showing signs of taking off but as soon as they finished filming the show they flew back to the UK and that was that. Yet another missed opportunity in the world of The Saturdays. If anything they got to live out the US Popstar Fantasy at least once. And the show was cute.

JasonJay, Vixen, Island and 3 others like this.

9. upload_2022-3-10_21-59-20.gif

I thought she preferred her ‘Hair Down’…​

Sugaboy, slaybellz, Rob and 14 others like this.
  10. I love that on the embedded post you can see how many people have liked it.
    But on Instagram it just says Una and others have liked it and only Mollie can see the total likes.

JasonJay and VivaForever like this.
  11. Where's my Volvo All Fired Up edition?

JasonJay and Utopia like this.
  12. "Forever is Volvo"

(I'll get my coat...)

slaybellz, Totto, Aiden and 4 others like this.
  13. It's raining here in the Highlands today and I just had a little bit of a moment to My Heart Takes Over. Such a beautiful song, desvered to smash, if only they had got that X-Factor slot.

14. The Megamix came on (I played that Deserved playlist) and... it's literally random bits of lyrics pasted over each other, it's a mess. Gays lying once again.

15. Is it as masterful as the Chris Cox Britney megamix? No, but what is? It starts off well with the Notorious/If This is Love mashup and the transition into Up but obviously not all the transitions are as smooth as that. I wouldn't describe it as a mess. They clearly wanted to give as many songs a moment as possible, which brought a slightly chaotic energy to some of the transitions but that just emphasises that the discography is literally wall to wall bops. I wish the transitions were more focused on mashing up different tracks rather than whooshy noises to separate songs out, though. Not perfect but we stan.

Island, Stopremix, Elysium and 5 others like this.
  16. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah it's no Britney/Janet/GHV2 Megamix but it's still very decent.
    (What's that 'Deserved playlist'?)

17. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Stopremix, Lapras, lushLuck and 4 others like this.
  18. OK so which one of us got a job at Spotify? Fess up.

Rob, Elysium, JasonJay and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.