The Saturdays | Page 4507 | The Popjustice Forum

The Saturdays

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by poploz, Mar 19, 2008.

1. So good to hear her sing. Towards the end of The Saturdays her vocals were starting to crack a bit but she sounds amazing here. I would love more music from her. Low Key is such a bop

JasonJay likes this.
  2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Gorgeous in every way!

sesita and Vixen like this.
  3. I was at a Brazilian coffee shop in Dublin this morning and they were playing Not Giving Up on their speakers. I obviously pretended to be still thinking of my order while bopping.

Sunny B, bimbo, poshbabyyy and 9 others like this.
  4. I loved Chapter One but Chapter Two was sublime, seemed she really found her footing in 2017 which made an otherwise personally somber year tolerable.

goldfish likes this.
  5. Marvelle have renewed their vows for their 10th anniversary

Sunny B, Vixen, poshbabyyy and 8 others like this.
  6. Sporty Saturday is at it:

Sunny B, sesita, goldfish and 7 others like this.
  7. Una always makes me question my sexuality. Absolutely gorgeous woman!

Sunny B, JasonJay, goldfish and 5 others like this.
  8. Not our Rochelle doing political interviews! You go girl!

9. Tony Lamezma, -Jay- and TeamSats2012 like this.
  10. Tik Tok seems to be having a bit of a moment with Higher with people sharing their attempts at copying the Frankie hair cut.

goldfish, RUNAWAY and DoggySwami like this.
  11. The King is about to conquer Discovery+

lushLuck, Runawaywithme and goldfish like this.
  12. 11 years today since All Fired Up was released.

Elysium, sesita, soratami and 7 others like this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. At this time, there were so many great singles being released either a few weeks before or after the Saturdays! This was a brilliant time for pop!
    • Saturdays - All Fired Up
    • Leona Lewis - Collide
    • Nicola Roberts - Lucky Day
    • Sugababes - Freedom
    • Will Young - Jealousy
    • Olly Murs - Heart Skips a Beat
    • JLS - She Make Me Wanna
    There were a few others, but these stuck out for now! All Fired Up really was that moment and they deserved that number one for this single. Was such a shame it didn’t emerge!

15. It’ll be 11 years since the now iconic photo won’t it?

All Fired Up really did deserve the number 1. I hope one day we will hear them perform it live again!

16. I thought the iconic photo was from Missing You release week? They were so sure it was going number 1.

JasonJay likes this.
  17. Oh maybe it was. I always thought it was when All Fired Up got to number 1 on iTunes, and then it was overtaken by Pixie Lott within hours?

18. It was!

TeamSats2012 likes this.
  19. I am not being bitter, but I don’t believe Pixie Lott deserved the number one slot with ‘All About Tonight’.

You had Maroon 5’s ‘Move Like Jagger’, Leona Lewis’ ‘Collide’ and the Saturdays themselves all competing and then all of a sudden, Pixie leaps into first place.

It definitely smelt like record labels had purchased the number one spot for her and there was a bit of label deception going on. Bitter? Maybe. But I still think the songs mentioned were of higher quality and more deserving.

AfternoonsInUtopia and goldfish like this.
  20. Pixie was coming off the back of a blockbuster era, Leona fell off, Maroon 5 was a grower, The Saturdays were The Saturdays... Pixie was just more popular.

girlsaloudjunkie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.