The Saturdays

Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

Dale said:
Just because we've known about the track since Headlines does not mean it won't be used on the new album, "Not Good Enough" leaked online BEFORE Chasing Lights and was included on Wordshaker.

As for it being an album title, i'm not sure. I hate when artists release a track and a album by the same name. But i do believe the album title will have something todo with fire purely based off the tour title.
'

I never said it wouldn't appear on the album, I said it's probably not going to be the title. Not Good Enough was used solely because they rushed Wordshaker out. The Saturdays have done countless interviews where they have said that they'd be very hands on with the writing process so I doubt they'd use an old song from the headlines era only because they've been on and on about new stuff and doing their new thing. They're the ones that will be picking the tracks, and to be honest I don't think a track titled "Girls Night Out" will appear on the album they have described as more mature and grown up, let alone bear the album title.

Edit: The Karma video you guys are talking about is the headlines tour performance. I believe most people on here have seen it already. It's probably in the same format as the performances that aired on TV.

The bonus video is already available and a link was posted to it in this post a couple of weeks ago, try looking on the official website. It is indeed from the tour, complete with intro.

If the people who wrote for Monrose are writing tracks for them then my excitement for their next album has gone up ten-fold.

As dire as that cover of Forever Is Over is, I genuinely think it's one of The Sats best tracks, am I alone in this? If it was released at the height of the pop-rock phase I'm convinced it would have been #1 for weeks.

he/him

I was listening to the radio this morning and they went backstage at Oxegen. They went into the girls' dressing room (after they'd left). The presenter basically said the room was a complete mess. There were honey and lemon drinks left behind and they had taken the alcohol that acts are given. Typical Vanessa.

It's so sad to see how much Vanessa has regressed since the formation of The Saturdays. It's silly to say that she doesn't have a voice though, even with current strains on her voice.. she is still the best singer of the band. But since The Saturdays has started, I've seen improvements in the girls.. Mollie has clearly gotten much better at performing. She is no longer staring at the camera with the creepy look, her vocals are more nice and very angelic. It's soothing, especially on ballads! She also sounds perfect on 'Not That Kind of Girl'. Rochelle's voice has improved as wellll.. Una has really stepped up her game with dancing. Frankie is a really good performer.. though i'm not really a fan of hers. But Vanessa is becoming less attractive and it's such a struggle for her to do her ad-libs.. which she used to do so effortlessly. Vanessa is the voice of The Saturdays. Frankie is the hot one. Mollie is the charming one. Rochelle is the personality. Una is the one with the most musical artistry, she is the one who really handles the instrumentals and such.

On a side note, am i the only one who thinks 'Vulnerable' from the Chasing Lights album had so much potential? The verses are really good.. but the chorus sounds like a totally different song.. and the bridge is terrible. They should have kept the verses and rewritten a new chorus. I love Mollie's vocals on it and the lyrics are pretty good in the verses.

I always thought Vulnerable was amazing. I think the only fault it has is the chorus being too shout-y. If they had some softer vocals on the chorus, and if they dropped Vanessa on it I think it'd be perfect. An Una/Mollie lead would've been nice. Or Rochelle/Frankie. I think all the girls sound amazing on it. Especially Mollie and Frankie.

flapjack- said:
I always thought Vulnerable was amazing. I think the only fault it has is the chorus being too shout-y. If they had some softer vocals on the chorus, and if they dropped Vanessa on it I think it'd be perfect. An Una/Mollie lead would've been nice. Or Rochelle/Frankie. I think all the girls sound amazing on it. Especially Mollie and Frankie.

really? i think the chorus is pretty soft for a saturdays track. i think the chorus is just a mess in general with the instrumentals and lyrics. i love all of the girls vocals on it. but they must have not really liked the song.. since they have never performed it live and it was the only song not performed on the work tour. i think mollie does really well on mid-tempos or ballads. she really shines on here standing, denial, i can't wait, died in your eyes, and vulnerable.

Keep Her should have been a great single, it's always been one of my fave Saturdays tracks. Did anyone else notice that all the girls sing adlibs on the last chorus of the song (except for, Mollie of course)?

Frankie: "Read my lips, ooohhh"
Vanessa: "Keep her, keep her, yeahhh" "Shut up, shut up" "I don't want yooouuu"
Una: "Make me siiick, what you do"
Rochelle: "I know what you dooo, yeahh"

The Wordshaker album had so many potential singles. :(

I genuinely think One Shot could have been MASSIVE, and Wordshaker/Lose Control fairly big hits, too. Here Standing as a winter release (complete with snowy video) would have been perfect as well.

At least 'Ego' got released, I guess.

shadow2009 said:

I genuinely think One Shot could have been MASSIVE, and Wordshaker/Lose Control fairly big hits, too. Here Standing as a winter release (complete with snowy video) would have been perfect as well.

the album is very underrated, i agree i could imagine One Shot being huge! would have been a fierce comeback. i would have loved like a f(x) video for it.

Al3xSaid3 said:
shadow2009 said:

the album is very underrated, i agree i could imagine One Shot being huge! would have been a fierce comeback. i would have loved like a f(x) video for it.

I don't mean to be rude, but your grammar makes me want to cry.

Al3xSaid3 said:
shadow2009 said:

Do you think one shot was a planned release? since it was on 2 albums? It would have been an amazing single. I love lose control but i couldn't see it appealling to the masses.

wickedbruv said:
Al3xSaid3 said:
shadow2009 said:

I don't mean to be rude, but your grammar makes me want to cry.

well i did get a D in English..

jamesyboi said:
Al3xSaid3 said:
shadow2009 said:

Do you think one shot was a planned release? since it was on 2 albums? It would have been an amazing single. I love lose control but i couldn't see it appealling to the masses.

it probably was, but i didn't like the new mix on the Headlines album! the original one was much better.

I don't get the hate on VULNERABLE. I think it's a very haunting song. Especially the chorus and the instrumental. It gives you the impression that you're listening to some kind of Soundtrack.

I like Vulnerable. It has a real finaleish sound to it. It would have been better as the last track on the album, since 99.9% of the album was fiesty, man hating stuff, a song about being vulnerable would have been a fitting end to the album.

One Shot was a planned single hence the remixes that have emerged.

Al3xSaid3, it's not your grammar, it's your shift button. You need to make use of it more and put capital letters in the right places, otherwise your English is fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QL3nyJVO5U

I've decided this is my favourite performance of Notorious. Una looks HOT (especally during her verse), Frankie nails her part perfectly, Rochelle's potential is hinted at here (the way she sings 'closer baby look in my eye-EY-EY-EY's with great power, plus managing to sing her final part perfect even with the dancing), Mollie is Mollie and Vanessa's face at 2:02 is so effortlessly hot and "Vanessa"ish that i've fallen in love with her again.

I find it rather hilarious when type 'Wordshaker' in on Spotify, it suggests that I meant 'Woodsnake'! It's like they've removed all proof of it, even though it was their best album to date.

'Removing all proof' makes it sound like they've done something sneaky or that they're embarrassed of it. They simply wanted people to focus on Headlines as that was the 'replacement' album. It's to avoid confusion about which is the newer album since they both share material.

Since Headlines takes the best of Wordshaker and replaces the filler with marginally better songs, surely that's the better out of the two? It's essentially an improved version of the album.

I'm beginning to think they'll never top Chasing Lights in my eyes. It was a really simple and effortless album. Everything they've released since has been the opposite. Their A&R needs to stop trying so hard to find hits and let things come together naturally.