The Saturdays

Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

I have a feeling that their next album with be their best.
The tiny preview of All Fired Up sounds great!

H

Hitori

Wordshaker is my favorite Saturdays album. One Shot, Open Up, Here Standing are potentially singles and could have been hits for the girls.

She/her

Dale said:
Also, another track entitled "I Like The Way You Move" was added to the girl's discography page. The writers also wrote alot of songs for German girl-group Monrose. You can see the listing of both songs here!!
Oh my god. I'd love a typical Monrose song for the Saturdays.

If the people who wrote for Monrose are writing tracks for them then my excitement for their next album has gone up ten-fold.
Same here !

She/her
So #21 with 16,126 sales.
For a total of 120,004 sales.

They could easily be 133-136k next week. Which means they would obviously have better sales than FIO.
They won't do better than MY, but I guess something like 180-190k is possible and quite good.

Mandy-Fan said:
So #21 with 16,126 sales.
For a total of 120,004 sales.

They could easily be 133-136k next week. Which means they would obviously have better sales than FIO.
They won't do better than MY, but I guess something like 180-190k is possible and quite good.

It could get a boost when the album is released later in the year too so it could possibly pass the 200,000 mark which is pretty good!

I doubt it. Notorious will get a small boost when All Fired Up comes out, but by the time the 3rd Single comes out it will have gone by then, unless they release the album after All Fired Up.

She/her
I've been looking a lot to the popularity of the song last week. Not so much in the beginning, but we know the song was around the #25-#30 on Itunes on Monday-Wednesday. That was bad.
But now, it's staying at #22 which is better than last week. The thing is that the popularity of the song is low (0.118106). I don't know if it was the same case last week, but ...

During last week, the song was around 0.16-0.19 from Wednesday to Friday. It was more around 0.14-0.16 on the weekend.

So if the popularity of the song climbs, then good for them, they could sell another 14-16k this week. But if the popularity stays around 0.11, it will probably be the same position but with lower sales (10k, maybe less !).

Well we will find out tomorrow in the midweeks. Its been number 21 from Sunday night until 2 hours ago, sn im assuming it will be at 21 in the midweeks again.

Saw them for a few minutes at Oxegen. They were actually really good and if possible even hotter in person. Frankie had a belly top thing she looked unbelievable.

Karma said:
I have a feeling that their next album with be their best.
The tiny preview of All Fired Up sounds great!

You'd think with three attempts its gonna be 4th time lucky! Fingers crossed they pull it out of the bag, I'm gunning for 2nd & 3rd single quick release to keep them alive. Would it hurt to have 3 new Sats tracks at radio? I'm worried the first single put them a step back.... time will tell.

Apart from the various festivals, I don't think they're up to much. They tend not to tweet when they have free time, I guess they don't see the point as they have nothing to promote. Their next festival isn't until the 23rd so they're probably having a 'well deserved break'.

^^ Frankie came back off holiday again, the day before their weekend of festival gigs. That wasn't even a week ago!

Anyway, new track alert, it's called 'Stupid' and it's written by Tim Powel (Xenomania) and Britt Burton ('Puppet') - http://www.umusicpub.com/spotlight.aspx?id=5779

New album could look something like this:
Notorious, All Fired Up, Turn Myself In, Lets Get It Locked (feat, Travie McCoy), White Lies, Stupid, I Like The Way You Move (un-sure about this one though)

So guys, is the new album a "full" version of Headlines! or what? I swear I heard somewhere it was. I severely hope that isn't the case as I'm loving the idea of a full album. Please? kthxbai.

That is the most ridiculous rumour I've heard in a while, no it is not a full version of Headlines. Headlines was expanded to include tracks from Wordshaker. They're done with Headlines and they've talked about this being a new album several times now.

Thank god for that. Wordshaker was so immense, not to say Headlines! wasn't great in it's own right. Really looking forward to the new album now. Thanks for clearing that up.

I loved the crowd singing along with the background "ahhhhh's".

And this is really out of nowhere but I was trying to remember the song that Golden Rules sampled, the melody of the verses I think but I can't remember what song. Does anyone remember?

I wasn't aware it sampled anything. If it did, the people responsible for the song would receive a credit. Golden Rules was written by T Tyson & J Wildman. That doesn't sound like a song that's sampled something as the writing credits are normally more than just two people. I might be wrong though.