The Saturdays

Re: The Saturdays - General Discussion Thread

We've got HUGE news for you, Sats fans...

We can exclusively announce that the girls next single 'All Fired Up' will be released on September 4th!

Promising to be a total floor filler, the first radio play will be coming soon, so stay tuned for details.

We can barely hide our excitement!

Sounds like they're not doing On Air On Sale?

A

All6Sugababes

Haha is 4th september some special day that so many brithis popular acts choose it? Anyway,no more OA-OS-wise move.

Seems like they've given up on getting a number one. But hopefully this can go top 5 at least.

mylesofsmiles93 said:
Wuh! Another single on the 4th of Sept. Leona, Pixie, Sugababes now the Sats

If The Saturdays do on air/on sale again the other girls will beat them.

It's not OA/OS! Thank you Lord!

Also, wtf is happening all the artists are releasing on the same date???

Oh wait, they could be doing oa/os again... Maybe 4th of sep is the release date for the cdsingle?

he/him

mat.overboard said:
It's not OA/OS! Thank you Lord!

Also, wtf is happening all the artists are releasing on the same date???

Oh wait, they could be doing oa/os again... Maybe 4th of sep is the release date for the cdsingle?

Well if it is on air/on sale, I doubt there'd be as big a gap between the digital and physical releases since the video isn't even done yet.

Hope it's not OA/OS but seems very likely considering they only have about 7 weeks until the release..

This 3rd single has got to be bloody fantastic (i.e. "Higher"/"Up" standard) if they want a #1 without using the OA/OS format.

I'm pleased that they're not doing on air/on sale, but now they've reverted back to their 'old ways' it's given the impression that they have failed at day and date release when really Notorious didn't do that bad.

The release date is daft. Why put yourself up against so much competition when you could release it a week before/after instead. I'm sure the scheduelle will change, I'm not banking on that 04/09/11 date to stick.

Is All Fired Up the single? Or the album?

If it is the single, is it the second single? And are we having 3 singles before the album?

She/her

LegoLand said:
Is All Fired Up the single? Or the album?

If it is the single, is it the second single? And are we having 3 singles before the album?

It's the single and the name of the tour. It's the second single.
We might have 3 singles before the album because the single is released the 4th September, and the album would have a winter release (in November). So we reckon they might release a single one week before or after the album.

MistakenBiology said:
This 3rd single has got to be bloody fantastic (i.e. "Higher"/"EGO" standard) if they want a #1 without using the OA/OS format.

Fixed.

Their release scheduelle has been so messy for this era. Leaving a 4 month gap between Notorious and All Fired Up, then a possible 2 months gap for the next pre-album single. The album should follow the week after that (November) with the tour in December.

I don't feel that people are going to make up their minds quick enough whether they want to go to the 'All Fired Up' tour with only 1 months gap between the album and the tour.

They obviously aren't bothered with reaching #1 to have out the same week as those other 2 ladies or maybe they are confident enough (I mean, we know their gameplay of single releases) and it actually beats them out.

I hope they don't do OA/OS tho. I have no problem with it but they have a better chance here now, I think. With all the negative press surrounding Leona's new single (and it being so different for her).. or maybe this is just another well orchestrated PR stunt. And then Pixie Lott, I really don't understand the appeal of this girl (talented yes) but i'm not from the UK so (I do like a couple of her songs tho)...
anyway, i'm just ranting at this point so good luck to everyone and i'm very excited to hear the girls new single, haha.

I still find it it odd that they are touring with an album that isn't out yet. Nobody has heard a single song bar Notorious from the album and yet tickets are on sale. I just don't get it!
Shouldn't the album be on sale before the tour? Isn't that what artists/groups do?

Normally, I guess.
It isn't the rule tho. I think JLS had announced their tour before the release of the 2nd album but I might be wrong here.
In any case, new album means a tour will happen so it doesn't matte when they announced it/tickets went on sale... unless the album flopped of course, which we're hoping it (and it probably) won't.

RadarX said:
Normally, I guess.
It isn't the rule tho. I think JLS had announced their tour before the release of the 2nd album but I might be wrong here.

Announcing it is fine. We all knew Britney was going to tour with Femme Fatale before it got released and same with Madonna's Hard Candy for examples but we got to hear the material first. With the Sats we aren't and it seems like a strange move.

Well they wouldn't be The Saturdays if their weren't rather questionable decisions being made, haha.
Most likely they're confident enough to be going in with this plan. The album will be out a month before the tour and there will probably be a 3rd single by then so I think that would be sufficient enough for people to get acquainted with the new music as well as keeping their old hits in mind.