The Saturdays

Solenciennes

Staff member
I'm choosing to believe that Rochelle has stepped into the motormouth "my way or the highway" role in the girl group business that has been left so gapingly ajar ever since Keisha got the boot from the Sugababes. I've never really seen Vanessa speak in interviews, she seems really quiet and I imagine Rochelle to be the most likely to pipe up if something's annoying the rest of them about Vanessa's party habits or terrible vocals; I can just picture the two of them clashing. Then again, if it's true that Frankie was crying too then maybe the two of them had a fight. No, I don't buy into the fact that it must have been a family matter because they would have addressed that with "Vanessa can't be here because of a family matter" - to simply not acknowledge her absence at all suggests it was a last minute thing and they hadn't had time to come up with a plausible excuse for her not being there. Or maybe they were all too pissed off at her to care. Who knows? I think it must have been a fight.

I doubt it was a fight. Although saying that, they are five young girls and they'd bound to get pissed off with eachother sometimes. I could see someone saying something to Vanessa about her habits, but why would they wait before a charity concert to do it?

Solenciennes said:
I don't buy into the fact that it must have been a family matter because they would have addressed that with "Vanessa can't be here because of a family matter" - to simply not acknowledge her absence at all suggests it was a last minute thing and they hadn't had time to come up with a plausible excuse for her not being there. Or maybe they were all too pissed off at her to care. Who knows?

I completely agree. If it was a family matter they would have cleared it up there and then. However, If it is a family matter and they haven't confirmed it, then it really shows cracks in their management if that's the case.

I just think the reason they haven't confirmed anything regarding her absence is because there isn't a justifyable reason.

Since when did becoming a popstar mean you aren't human anymore? If I was Vanessa and a family member had died, I wouldn't want 160,000 people messaging me 'IM HERE 4 U BBY, FEEL SRY 4 UR LOSS' or a trending topic #pray4nessa. Maybe management realise its none of our business what's wrong with her. No matter how much we all want to make it our business.

So your saying that their manegement would rather have stories of them splitting up, which damages their profile, instead of confirming why someone isn't present at a gig? Even if they'd have lied and said "Vanessa's just thrown up"; that would have been done and dusted, no more said.

Solenciennes

Staff member
GeorgehPwnsJ00 said:
Since when did becoming a popstar mean you aren't human anymore? If I was Vanessa and a family member had died, I wouldn't want 160,000 people messaging me 'IM HERE 4 U BBY, FEEL SRY 4 UR LOSS' or a trending topic #pray4nessa. Maybe management realise its none of our business what's wrong with her. No matter how much we all want to make it our business.

I agree with you, but being a popstar about to go on stage does mean you have to give your expectant fans some kind of notice if you're not going to be there. Just pulling out of something is terrible. Good on the others for going on without her and improvising, but that's really bad for their image. It might not be our business but, handily, look at the example of Frankie. They managed to explain that she wasn't there without saying why - and left it up to her to explain it in her own time. No, the fact they didn't say anything, suggests they didn't know what to say because it was something trivial.

Solenciennes

Staff member
shadow2009 said:
I doubt it was a fight. Although saying that, they are five young girls and they'd bound to get pissed off with eachother sometimes. I could see someone saying something to Vanessa about her habits, but why would they wait before a charity concert to do it?

Maybe she turned up hungover and one of them snapped at her? Maybe there's a few things she's done to annoy one of the other members and it all came out at one moment? Maybe it wasn't one of the other girls, maybe it was someone else backstage, but you don't just run away from a charity gig crying your eyes out and have your bandmates not even acknowledge why you're not there on stage - which is why I'm assuming it must have been an internal conflict.

It's hilarious watching those videos and seeing Frankie and Mollie slaying the dance moves while Una and Rochelle just stand there. Obviously, Una is massively pregnant and Rochelle was covering Vanessa, but it's just funny to watch.

She/her
This is ridiculous. Poor Vanessa. No one cared when people paid to see her at the summer gig, but now everyone does.

The performance of All Fired Up is also ridiculous. Frankie is trying her best to get the positions/formations right, but the other girls don't give a shit. Mollie was a bit off too, she could have done the same thing as Frankie.
Rochelle and Una were amazing vocally, but the dancing was shit in case of Rochelle and nonexistent in the case of Una.

he / him
It's amazing to see how full on Mollie and Frankie are going for that All Fired Up performance. It definitely feels like they went 200% because Vanessa was missing as the vocals seemed very good too. I still adore the alternate Una ending.

I saw them last night at the Tinkled Pink gig. Even though there was a long wait they were very good. Vocally they are far better than they are given credit for.
It actually made little difference that Vanessa was not there and I did hear someone say they did not even notice.

So the official line is that she was sick...

"A spokesperson for The Saturdays explained to heatworld today that Vanessa’s absence was down to a nasty stomach bug. We’re told: 'Vanessa did the sound check and was fine but soon after felt sick and was struck down with a suspected stomach bug. She’s fine but just needs to rest so was sent home.'"

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but that just seems like rubbish to me. They've been in similar situations loads of times before and have always explained it on stage - what possible reason is there for them not doing so this time?