The Saturdays

Re: The Saturdays - The Way You Watch Me (Fourth Single)

Some information will probably leak soon enough, the mailers always announce information after it has already been leaked or appeared on Amazon/iTunes.

Just got a reply from Ina on twitter and this isn't her song they're releasing so I'm going with Xenomania.

GeorgehPwnsJ00 said:
Just got a reply from Ina on twitter and this isn't her song they're releasing so I'm going with Xenomania.

There hasn't been enough time for the label to bring her on board for more songs so it's not surprising. A 50s diner video for an uptempo Xenomania song, interesting combination. Hopefully we'll get more concrete details soon. The video should be out in three weeks or so.

Should we expect a radio premiere to come first as usual with their releases? So say, two weeks from now it premieres on radio.. then the video dropping a week or two after maybe? I guess they've only shot the video now before Una slows down completely.

he/him

Adam193 said:
I really hope they acknowledge the fact that Una's pregnant.. Like when Destinys Child had Solange in the video, be a nice memory kinda thing for them..

I thought Solange being in that video was incredibly tacky.

Una's confirmed in this weeks flip that it is a brand new song, we haven't heard it yet. Stupidly excited for this song and the video now too, it seems like (and I'm hoping) it's going to be a big 50s style video with the girls in costume of that era and the tarantino-esque reference earlier from breakfast2 in the thread excites me greatly.

TJ said:
Una's confirmed in this weeks flip that it is a brand new song, we haven't heard it yet. Stupidly excited for this song and the video now too, it seems like (and I'm hoping) it's going to be a big 50s style video with the girls in costume of that era and the tarantino-esque reference earlier from breakfast2 in the thread excites me greatly.

I'm so excited as well. I can't believe they've been given another chance, lol. Let's just hope - once again - that this is a proper hit. As long as it's a decent song, has a decent video and gets airplay I see no reason why it can't be another Missing You/All Fired Up type hit.

And to think we thought their careers were dead in October 2009!

Re: The Saturdays - Fourth Single

Y'know, if this is for a whole new album or compilation, its actually not all that soon. If its being released in April, then that means there's near 11 months, close to a year between the lead singles since Notorious was released in May last year. Taking acts like Rihanna and JLS into consideration, its not that unusual.

saturdays20 said:
If the song is anything like popjustice song of the day the other day, i'll be happy.

Hmmm... It's good but it sounds like a Saturdays B side to me. It's not unlike Not That Kinda Girl, Ladykiller and even Move On U. If the song as been produced by Xenomania, as has been suggested, it is unlikely to sound like anything except Xenomania.

Upon reflection, it's good that The Saturdays agree with me on the fact that everything else on this 'album' is dire, putrid, D-rate, 2/10 style tracks that would chart at about #46 in Azerbaijan. Recording a new track or doing a re-release was their only option.

jinzo said:
Upon reflection, it's good that The Saturdays agree with me on the fact that everything else on this 'album' is dire, putrid, D-rate, 2/10 style tracks that would chart at about #46 in Azerbaijan. Recording a new track or doing a re-release was their only option.

NO. It may have charted poorly, but that is no reflection of the quality of the album, which is full of classy, well produced, pop music without any pretentious snot up the nose dribble. Quality is hardly reflective of sales, but lets not get into that debate again.

The new flip is out (at least I think its new?), which is set at the video shoot fitting. Nothing new to learn at all, basically just talking about it being a brand new track, and hiding Una's bump.

jinzo said:
It must be fun to have enough time on your hands to do so much trolling.

D

Deleted member 3416

jinzo said:
Your ears need cleaning.

jinzo said:

Errrr All Fired Up, Get Ready Get Set, Faster, White Lies, Promise Me, Notorious all say hi.

jinzo said:

'White Lies' is judging you hard right now.

he / him

jinzo said:

Me and you will never, ever be friends, and it's quite clear that your whole troll-image you've created on here isn't gonna work in this thread. We all know this album is everything but this.

Promise Me has the whole faux-dubstep thing glued on in an almost slapdash fashion, and it feels about a minute too long, mad repetitive. The Way You Watch Me is an embarrassing attempt at 2011/12 credibility with Travie Mccoy. Get Ready Get Set is every electro-pop song since 2009 melded into one. The others aren't even lodged in my memory. White Lies? Okay, I'm listening, it sounds like a reject from Glee.

The only thing I can recall liking was Last Call, but after My Heart Takes Over, it's hardly going to set any chart on fire. They've gone a long way downhill since Wordshaker. This album's just scene-chasing, generic, cheap and forgettable. It just doesn't have any identity at all.

The singles were good (All Fired Up being one of my favourite singles of last year), and I have nothing but good things to say about Not That Kinda Girl and Ladykiller, but wow, the album's got no single material whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Sats fan (check my Last FM, see what's in fourth), but this album's a huge step in the wrong direction.