The Saturdays

Still so disappointed and underwhelmed with this. There's nothing 'crazy' 'amazing' or 'very poppy' about it. And I can't see radio lapping this up at all. They better have some decent promo booked but even then I don't see this doing much at all chart and sales wise for them. This won't turn round their fortunes.

But anyway, the pre-order for the single on iTunes peaked at #11 yesterday. Think that's their highest pre-order ever, not too shabby but all this 'momentum' will be lost come release date and it just would have been hardcore fans pre-ordering it because it's already nosediving.

I listened to the song again when I woke up this morning and all of a sudden it's become brilliant. I take back what I said before.

He / Him / His
I just genuinely can't understand their management's thought process. At least half of the songs on On Your Radar have more commercial appeal than this and it's not as if anybody outside of a small minority have had the chance to hear these songs. If this is for a re-release, as the artwork association seems to suggest it is, I shall be truly miffed. Also, it needs to be said again; it's shit.

I love this song! It's the follow up "All Fired Up" deserved. A cross between that song & "Faster", insanely catchy with a slightly bonkers/crazy feel. Love it!!

This is getting much much better after leaving it a day after the first listen where I was left underwhelmed.

The lead into the chorus "pretty soon I'll be coming home/I can't wait to say 'I'm coming home'" makes the song for me. Plus I think the chorus has a really good hook. The vocals are well distributed. I've now pre-ordered on iTunes, I'm so excited for 'Turn Myself In' and the Travie-less 'The Way...'!

Hopefully it'll intice people into giving 'On Your Radar' another shot (if it is re-released)!

burzacott said:
I love this song! It's the follow up "All Fired Up" deserved. A cross between that song & "Faster", insanely catchy with a slightly bonkers/crazy feel. Love it!!

I just heard it for the first time and totally agree with that. Hopefully they can get to number #1 finally. I like the song, catchy and better lyrically than All Fired Up.

I am getting annoyed with these EPs though...

I already bought a copy from eBay, the same way I obtained the All Fired Up maxi. I hate when the Universal Store makes product a UK only exclusive.

I still love this song, but realistically, what is it going to do for their career? Pop/rock didn't work with Forever Is Over, trance/rave/pop didn't work with Missing You, dance/pop didn't work with Notorious, Eurodance didn't work with All Fired Up and the ballad didn't work for My Heart Takes Over.

Why on earth aren't they just releasing stuff that worked for them in the past? Higher, Up and Ego were big hits for a reason. Why do they think this dance stuff is going to work for them? It'll probably spend a week in the top ten and sell less than 200K sales (AGAIN), and then what will happen? Another flop album? Flop re-release? Another EP?

I'm glad i've got new music from the girls but I can't see this doing them any favours. It seems like The Sats and their fans have been waiting for the "big one" for years and all we get is front loaded singles and flop albums.

he/him
Deucy1980 said:
Why does it remind me of Dario G - Sunchyme? It's the chorus - everytime I hear it I think of Dario G
Or is it just me??

Now that you mention it, it does sound a bit similar.

shadow2009 said:
I still love this song, but realistically, what is it going to do for their career? Pop/rock didn't work with Forever Is Over, trance/rave/pop didn't work with Missing You, dance/pop didn't work with Notorious, Eurodance didn't work with All Fired Up

All of those songs you mentioned got to #2. How is that "not working"? Personally I think they should stick to the All Fired Up/30 Days sounds.

travk said:
shadow2009 said:
I still love this song, but realistically, what is it going to do for their career? Pop/rock didn't work with Forever Is Over, trance/rave/pop didn't work with Missing You, dance/pop didn't work with Notorious, Eurodance didn't work with All Fired Up

All of those songs you mentioned got to #2. How is that "not working"? Personally I think they should stick to the All Fired Up/30 Days sounds.

No they didn't. Missing You ended up at #3, All Fired up charted at #3 also and Notorious was #8 wasn't it?