The Scheme | The Popjustice Forum

The Scheme

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by EnsnareTheSenses, May 18, 2011.

1. Hello!

I was thinking about starting a thread for this show, purely because it is simultaneously one of the most depressing yet entertaining things I've ever watched. I don't know whether it's exclusive to Scotland or not, but I'm sure it would be fairly easy to find and watch on the internet if you live in a different country and are interested. Be warned, it might blow your mind. Essentially, the show follows several groups of people living in a housing scheme in Kilmarnock (about 20 miles outside of Glasgow) and shows their day to day lives and troubles. A bit like Scotland's own 'Poundstretcher' version of 'The Hills'. Interested? Read on...

So, it first premièred on our screens a few months ago, only to be delayed half-way through because legally, they couldn't show the final few episodes due to one/some of the participants being up in court (no surprise there then.)

But now it's back, and the first 'new' episode is due to be aired on Monday. I cannot wait.
    There have been so many highlights so far, but two of my favourite moments have been:

'Pregnant' Dana taking about her fight with Marvin: "He kneed me in the stomach but ah don't fink he meant it."

'Pregnant' Candice talking about her unborn baby: "I don't believe in abortions." *whilst lighting up a cigarette*

2. dmc

dmc

Let's not forget

'HE'S GOAT TAE CHOOSE, IT'S ME URR THE BLUES'

You can't get classier than that folks.

3. Ooft.

And you know something is seriously wrong when the most civilised being in a TV show is a dog. Named 'Bullet'.

4. dmc

dmc

Someone round my bit actually has a dog named Bullet, before the show came out. As you can imagine, last summer I nearly died when I heard somebody shout on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.