The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development! | Page 63 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. I’d imagine he probably cracked under the pressure as well, imagine being told you wrote one of the greatest horror movies and one of the greater horror movie sequels of all time and now do it again....?

I actually preferred the ‘Scream 3’ setting an plot we got, it’s just the writing itself was weak. If Kevin has written that version of ‘Scream 3’ it would have been incredible.

johnoclock likes this.
  2. ‘Stab 3’ would have shot on location in Woodsboro rather than on a soundstage and the final scene with the kids being ‘killed’ and then rising up would have taken place in Stu’s actual old house.

Hudweiser and Andrew.L like this.
  3. Stu was also the mastermind in prison with the teens growing up in Woodsboro idolising him and Billy. Kevin took the cultish love for serial killers idea on to his show ‘The Following’

4. I really wish he would just do a full in-depth interview and just go through what his version of ‘Scream 3’, 5’ and ‘6’ would have been. Hell, do a comic, like if you’re not gonna make them, why not just lay it all out for us?

GazWilliams likes this.
  5. BTG

BTG

I’d never want to see anyone but Drew cast as Casey but I’m not going to lie, I’d love to experience an alternate universe where Alicia Silverstone, at the height of Clueless fame, was cast.

Steve003, Subspace88, Lander and 5 others like this.
  6. Ohhh he’s talking about the original ideas. Gotcha.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    superglowy likes this.
  7. Wait so his original plan was to do 6 films?

8. He had outlines for 3 originally and then came up with an idea for another trilogy before Scream 4.

The podcast was fascinating, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Kevin is such a great talker and it was full of cute tidbits about the 90s horror resurgence. Scream started life as an one act play of Casey talking on the phone! How fascinating.

Working for Weinstein sounds like such a fucking nightmare. I don't blame him for dipping on Scream 4. Still wish he got to write Scream 3 though, I'm such a sucker for a full circle moment and ending at Stu's house would have been cool. Oh well.

lushLuck and GazWilliams like this.
  9. Only if 4 was a smash. And then it wasn't.

lushLuck and Shockbox like this.
  10. Yeah it was originally announced as a new trilogy, but ‘4’ flopped and put the kibosh on it.

lushLuck and Shockbox like this.
  11. Ah okay. I thought it meant they had planned to do 4-6 straight after 3.

superglowy likes this.
  12. Ahh, no ‘3’ was the end back then but then Kevin came up with a new trilogy around 2008ish.

Shockbox likes this.
  13. I don‘t know if I would have liked Stu to still be alive and in prison.

Steve003, Fuchsia and sesita like this.
  14. Especially when you would imagine it would have come up in ‘2’.

Steve003 likes this.
  15. It’s a dumb idea and I’m glad it never made its way to Scream 3, and nor should it in Scream 5.

Steve003, Fuchsia and Robsolete like this.
  16. Yeah, there would have been mention of a trial or something... But I don't hate the idea, would have been a better shock twist than Roman being her brother and orchestrating it all...

17. Why are none of you talking about that Sidney tidbit? She was supposed to be in Scream 5?

I thought the original plan was to end with Sid dead and Jill alive having succeeded?

GazWilliams likes this.
  18. Defiantly the biggest reveal! I always figured Sidney was meant to die & Jill was to take the lead into the new sequels. I guess Sidney was to follow Jill whilst she was in college.

19. It was always known(?) that Sidney was suppose to have amnesia (yes,really) and not remember Jill was the killer.

20. Jeez, then why are people always defending the original ending? It's always "the producers shouldn't have meddled, the ending we got sucks, they should have kept Kevin's ending!"

If that was his ending, it's stupid, and thank god they didn't do it.

Fuchsia and Holly Something like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.