The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development! | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Not to mention slow down his pulse to the point of non-existence.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    DangerousHun and Steve003 like this.
  2. I remember begging my dad to take me and my friend to the theater for days only to be so scared that as the first 5 minutes of the opening scene rolled in i was terrified to the point that i went to the toilet and stay there until i heard music playing through the walls because i knew the opening kill would be over by then.

thommyh, ~Paul~ and lushLuck like this.
  3. Scream 2 was a youth event and I had the poster framed on my wall, the soundtrack playing on my CD player, copies of Total Film sitting on the drawer...

Leader Beans and lushLuck like this.
  4. I still remember when this happened and how shook I was

It was a cultural reset....

Mr.Arroz, Andrew.L and sesita like this.
  5. I struggle to choose between the first and second ones but I'll always put 3 before 4.

Even though it was a bit of a jump the shark moment I'm quite fond of it. I went to the cinema to see it three times and whilst I was excited about Scream 4 and watched it a handful of times, I've never felt that I wanted/needed to revisit it like I have with Scream 3.

I'm still not sure who Courteney Cox was playing, but 'Cotton's killer left a picture' is quite possibly the most over-acted line in the entire franchise.

6. Monica Gellar

7. BTG

BTG

We’re not complaining about over-acted lines when David Arquette mugged his way through the entire franchise.

8. 1 is obviously always the best, but 2 was a perfect sequel. The scene of Courtney and Ghostface in the recording booth always sticks in my head as perfect tension building.

3 and 4 are interchangeable in terms of quality but both are still good.

9. My mind hasn't rationalized yet that Nico Tortorella was in Scream 4. I always forget about him, poor thing.

POPGASM likes this.
  10. 3 was rushed I think, so some of the lines come out badly. Dewey's explain-the-entirety-of-the-situation dialogue with Gale in the house is the worst: "Look Gale, the mirrors - they're moving!"

We got eyes, Dewdrop.

11. I'm just thankful we're getting a fifth movie dd ((and EXTRA excited that the Ready or Not creators are helming this!!!!!!)). I personally don't mind 4 but some parts of 3 just are unbearable and impossible for me to suspend my disbelief. If those MTV shows (although they do have some fun moments) were the last thing we got for a while then that just wouldn't be the tea.

Besides, a long-awaited fifth installment after all these years is like the perfect meta thing for Scream with Halloween, Candyman (and Leatherface/Child's Play I guess) getting their little reboot.

So glad to see slashers getting another renaissance nn, it's what we deserve.

12. I hope Scream 5 breaks the curse of the 5th movie being terrible minus Final Destination 5 of course which was a huge step up from the previous worthless film.

thommyh and Andrew.L like this.
  13. But Hallowee---
    But Friday th---
    But Elm Str--
    But Seed of Ch--
    But Police Acad--

OK.

14. When I played the special features on the DVD this took me out. What were they thinking?! It's showtime is still cringe but much, much better.

superglowy likes this.
  15. Wow, watching the trailer of the second movie really brings back memories. Before the movie and the VHS (!!!) were released, I had the trailer and short interview videos from E!'s red carpet of the premiere night, and I used to watch them all the time. Of course I had big posters of the first 2 movies on my walls, and than added the 3rd one.

16. That is a very good point. Don't get me wrong, Gale Weathers is fucking iconic, but she was a caricature in 3 in some parts. Still love the movie though.

Courteney had better sign on and be the sole survivor of 5!!!

17. I had the Spanish poster for some reason - no idea where I picked it up from

18. I’m gonna need for ‘Scream 5’ to allow Gale to say her now ICONIC catchphrase.

“Hi Gale Weathers, Author of the Woodsboro Murders.”

I want a scene reveal of her at the county court legally changing her name to this!

Alenko, lushLuck, thommyh and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.