The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development! | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. I love ‘Stab’ in the ‘Scream’ Universe. My gay ass was LIVING to the opening of ‘Scream 4’ and seeing those ‘Stab’ titles.

2. The fact though that the first Stab sequence with Lucy Hale and Shanae Grimes is actually GOOD! They did that!

Actually maybe in Scream 5 it could be about them making a Stab movie in Woodsboro (like Kevin's original Scream 3 idea) that recons the Stab sequels ala Halloween 2018. Someone is trying to re-boot by killing new people but Sidney, Gale and Dewey arrive to help solve the case. That might be to similar to Scream 4's plot but I didn't feel like it fully delved into the remake thing as much as they should of.

superglowy likes this.
  3. They’re both good!!! They’re better than the actual opening kill.

lushLuck and Steve003 like this.

4. True. The final sequence with Marnie and Jenny is serviceable yet would have been so much better had they not re-shot it. Or they should have just added a chase scene for Marnie but kept the rest the same. The re-shoot must have been slightly awkward "ok sorry Brit Robinson but now you just get thrown through a window and the other girl gets the big finishing death". Poor thing.

5. Adding a movie within a movie in a ~post-modern~ slasher was just genius. Kevin did that.

6. "WHO INVITED YOU TREVOR!?!?!"

Meryl Streep who?

7. Iconic Gail is now the director.

The studio is interfering but what’s worse is somebody is forcing her to rewrite it as actors keep getting gutted.

superglowy and Steve003 like this.
  8. Agreed...they did Brit so dirty. They should have done some combo of fusing the 2 together. If they wanted Aimee in more, they would play up the whole Jenny hearing the noise and going upstairs the phone rings, ghostface etc...then when she comes back down stairs it plays like the original, Marnie is pranking her (but Marnie didn't plan the whole thing, it was just spontaneous because Jenny was yelling from upstairs being freaked out from the actual killer---Marnie thinks Jenny is messing with her) and it plays out back like the "alternate" original opening except maybe have Marnie still looking in the fridge when the run up on Jenny starts. From there the whole chase and garage part done with Aimee would be done with Brit, only adding the "you're not real" at the end as I thought there was something very haunting about that. Also, they should have kept the part of her being found from the ceiling fan.

Damn quarantine...my mind has been running way too much because I'm so bored. Apologies for my ramblings folks. LOL

lemonsqueezyy and Steve003 like this.
  9. I think they cut the original opening because Jenny's murder just looked kind of silly. Shame they gave Marnie a smaller part in the reshoot though.

Uno, sesita and lushLuck like this.
  10. I'm going to watch all of the Scream movies in a mega marathon (the only marathon I'd undertake) tonight!

Holly Something and Edu like this.
  11. Honestly the TV show would have been better if it had just been about a random high school that's been selected as a filming location for Stab: The Series, and copycat murders begin.

Holly Something likes this.
  12. Uno

Uno

I remember Wes saying people were laughing at the original Jenny death - where Marnie thought she was pranking her while getting stabbed - so that forced the reshoot.

Holly Something likes this.
  13. I know we have no score on the version we saw, but her flailing does look rather silly.

lushLuck and Holly Something like this.
  14. I would have liked to have seen the final execution. There is something pretty disturbing about killing someone off like that.

I'm surprised that Jill's attacking herself scene wasn't reshot if they were trying to avoid audiences laughing...

15. When watching you would never guess that Gail, Randy and Dewie would survive the first film. And that's a greatness of it.

Steve003 likes this.
  16. Well Dewie originally didn't (and never should have). Killing him in the second also would have sufficed but here we are. It's a bit sad that none of the new characters you meet get to survive S2 in his place (the sorority sisters don't count). I get Derrick had to die for the throwback distrust moment of whatever, but maybe Hallie.

BTG and Andrew.L like this.
  17. I wouldn't mind a bit more of a serious, hardass version of Dewey in the next one. Maybe getting hit on the head with that commode by legend Jill gave him a different personality.

18. Obviously the TV show was a mess, but what we are not going to do is pretend like Brooke Maddox isn't a queen.

Lander, Music Is Life, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  19. The insufferable Emma could never

20. I wonder what the rest of the cast will look like? I believe the directors said they would never not want to have Samantha Weaving in one of their movies so I hope she can be in it (KIrby's sister?). No shade to the little Selenators here but I know they were spamming the directors social media to get Selena cast. They started following her....interesting. I feel like the cast in these movies are usually spot minus Scream 3 except Parker on so hopefully this sticks the landing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.