The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development! | Page 69 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise: Scream 5 is in development!

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Elizabeth Gillies would slay in this.

[​IMG]

2. Yes please!

Music Is Life likes this.
  3. BTG

BTG

Yeah, they really needed to check Dewey out a few movies ago. It's a ridiculous that the trio survived four separate massacres. I don't want to see Sid or Gail die but killing Dewey would add a bit of jeopardy.

aux likes this.
  4. If they kept with the stars from hit television shows I think it guarantees at least one of the Stranger Things cast and probably that boy from those Netflix movies that everyone was loving for a while last year.

Remorque likes this.

5. Not Noah Centinreo

[​IMG]

torontodj, Alenko, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  6. Hunter Schafer and Alexa Demie, please, go get your agents.

7. Them saving Randy only to kill him off mid-way through 2 and in broad daylight! That’s how they should have treated Dewey in 3 or 4.

8. Dewey should have just died in that recording booth scene near the end of Scream 2

9. It’s annoying they let him live, not because I hate Dewey, but Randys death when I first saw it was like ‘Okay, of course they killed a big character for the shock value, but everyone else will be safe’ then when Dewey got stabbed in the booth ‘oh shit, ANYONE can die’.....then he lived.....urgh.

lemonsqueezyy likes this.
  10. Agreed but since Neve was away shooting other films in hiding, the Courtney-David chemistry carried a lot of Scream 3 so maybe letting him live was a blessing in disguise?

Steve003 and superglowy like this.
  11. I always found the idea of Gale being killed in the barn in ‘Scream 4’ intriguing, like, yes it would have been sad to lose the most ICONIC character in the franchise but visually, the ‘Stabathon’ barn sequence was a great set up and Gale getting killed at the Stabathon that was only happening because a series of movies were made based off the book she wrote and created by exploiting a real life tragedy she survived would have been pretty fucking deep.

12. The barn scene is Scream 4 was such a missed opportunity minus Gale flipping off the kids. Imagine a long, drawn out chase scene with her and Kirby in the cornfields. They could have even used this version of Ghostface.

[​IMG]

Music Is Life, IndyRS, sesita and 4 others like this.
  13. I've mentioned it before but the audacity to cut Gales line from the trailer when GhostFace is on top of her screaming 'Go ahead if you've got the guts' I mean that was the best line from the whole film, why did it get cut?

14. I live for these kinds of videos

Mr.Arroz, Sideout, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  15. I'd die if Rose McGowan had made a cameo in the garage door

Mr.Arroz, Sideout, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  16. This is incredible. It's like reexperiencing the movie for the first time.

Steve003 likes this.
  17. Scream is one of my all-time favorite horror franchises, and I've been trying to avoid Scream 5 news, cause I just really don't wanna get my hopes up, but I'm really excited.
    I unashamedly love the fourth one. it's probably my second favorite of the series. Emma is of course a wonderful psychopath, and the first time I watched the movie, I really wasn't expecting it to be her. I also really love Kirby, and like to think she somehow survived. Yes I'm delusional.

Also, in terms of casting, if they end up focusing on a high school setting, I can definitely see them going for a couple of the people from IT. Finn is obviously a huge name cause of Stranger Things, but I'd like to see Sophia in a "final girl" role alongside Sidney, since she was probably my fave from the two movies.

18. Wes had said in the DVD commentary Kirby's death was filmed in such a way to leave an open-ended fate for her if a 5th film came about. Would be very cool to see her back if they do. I liked her dynamic with Neve at the final act of 4.

19. Really? I haven't watched the commentary so I didn't know that! That's great! I really hope they bring her back, and hopefully keep Hayden for the role. It'd be great to see her as a survivor/mentor alongside Sidney, Gale and Dewey, and I also really loved her dynamic with Neve at the end.

20. Yep! To quote: "Wes revealed on commentary that in the original shooting script Kirby had survived but it was cut for unknown reasons. Craven commented "Has you can see Hayden is still moving.....Not saying that she is coming back for sure though.

When the DVD released, Wes Craven claimed that Kirby didn't die. A deleted scene would have shown a "we got a heartbeat" moment with her."

https://scream.fandom.com/wiki/Kirby_Reed

Lander, Alenko, Sideout and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.