The Scream Franchise | Page 161 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. The fact that they shaded themselves in the Scream 4 ending plus "don't fuck with the original" make the hospital ending worth it in my opinion. Plus "who are you Michael fucking Myers?" and "Clear" "Clear?" "Clear!" It's good camp!

[​IMG]

constantino, enjoy, Lander and 11 others like this.
  2. My biggest issue with the finale of 4 is how absent Ghostface feels. Jill and Ghostface feel like two unrelated characters, so once the reveals happens it feels like Ghostface has stepped out of the room and now we're dealing with Jill.

That's one of the reasons I always liked the finale of 3. I love seeing Sid and the killer come face to face while he's still in the costume. And the chilling delivery of "don't you remember your mother?" followed immediately by Ghostface giggling in delight is the horror/comedy duality of Scream concentrated into one wonderful little moment.

3. Even though Deputy Judy Hicks is clearly now a Great British Bake-off stan, her lemon squares still taste like ass.

[​IMG]

4. If we don't get a lemon square reference or even them sitting in Judy's kitchen then automatically Scream 5 will be my least favorite.

5. I'm sad that Judy Hicks will be an obvious death.

Edu and lushLuck like this.
  6. Hopefully Scream 5 will be the next film to join the “Marley Shelton washes her hair in a toilet” cinematic universe.

7. Yeah pretty sure about that too.

8. The Twitter account posted 7 blood drops on Tuesday, I assumed they’d do 6 yesterday to represent maybe days til the trailer? But nothing.

The film has a filter on Snapchat and the tagline is “It’s Always Someone You Know”

Ghostface is also joining Call of Duty. The promotion has really kicked off.

Is anyone going to see the original film next week? I’ve noticed my showing is practically sold out and it’s in a huge room. Some are adding second showings.

Edu and Steve003 like this.
  9. Need this to happen! Set the new movie around Valentine’s Day and I’m sold.

VitaminBee likes this.
  10. I potentially have a spare ticket to the Prince Charles Cinema showing of Scream on Monday 11th - would anyone want it?

11. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Isn’t the whole point of Ghostface (and sort of the meta theme of the films) about Ghostface not being a singular entity but multiple people acting out their own slasher horror movie? That’s kind of why I assume, despite the iconography of the mask, they haven’t felt as prolific as Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers, etc. Not a slight against the character or films but just the nature of homages.

I wonder if this one will expand on Jill’s motives a bit more and also make the protagonists a bit more proactive about finding out who the killer is.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  12. The tagline is simple but striking. I'm not sure if I'm more excited to experience the Scream trailer or Halloween Kills in full but either way, next week is going to be it.

13. It just feels like every sign is pointing to this being an aligning of the stars and a fucking iconic horror moment, and it makes me so happy that the films got another chance after the lacklustre reception (and film) of 4 that would have killed lesser franchises dead in the water, and then *that* TV mess.

It feels EXCITING, which is just something 4 never quite achieved.

14. SBK

SBK

Maybe Gail is this movie's Debbie Salt and masterminds this one. Actually finally becoming desperate enough this time for a plot for a new book.

15. Oh I don’t know about that. I was in absolute bits for Scream 4. I went to see it twice on the day it came out. I still love it.

I do get a sense that Scream 4 has roped in a whole new generation of fans over the years. Which will *hopefully* pay off big time for this film.

lushLuck likes this.
  16. Does Wes really say in the commentary for Scream 4 that they moved the gunshot would to Jill from her head to her stomach so that she could possibly survive for a sequel? It's mentioned in this video

17. Uno

Uno

I might be wrong, but from what I remember, his original idea was to have it end before the hospital scene and Jill getting away with the killings and becoming a hero like Sidney. Then S5 would be her living a celebrity life and being stalked by a new killer who knows the truth as he kills Jill's friends and she tries to keep her involvement in S4 a secret.

Weinstein didn't like the ambiguous ending and forced Wes to have a more "definite" one, so the hospital scenes were tacked on later.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  18. Wouldn‘t it have also basically meant that Sidney would have died? I mean would she just not say that Jill was Ghostface?

ohaimanabu likes this.
  19. She supposedly had amnesia ddd.

Alenko, Duppe, Edu and 2 others like this.
  20. I think the original idea was great and much stronger than the hospital ending, which felt tacked on. But the lack of a Scream 5 would’ve left us with a hell of a cliffhanger. Then again, a Scream 5 released bow with Emma Roberts returning as a bigger celeb would’ve probably been a big success. Plus it would’ve been interesting to see her having survived so long without being caught.

For the Sidney stuff to make sense I’d just say she had memory loss due to injury. Then you could have Sidney and Jill as bestie survivors with a new killer on the loose AND Jill trying to cover her tracks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.