The Scream Franchise

The killer is

Dv5sKQ8WsAATrzS.jpg

Some of the attacks in the trailer I’m going to treat as red herrings

I've always felt that Scream could get away with a fake trailer. If done right, it wouldn't make us feel cheated but aware of our need to know and spoil ourselves in advance.

"I'm Sidney Prescott, of course I have a gun"

From the looks of it, I feel like we might be getting two killers once again!

I also think the person on fire might be Mikey Madison's character from the outfit?

I know it's a slim chance but I hope Marley Shelton doesn't die/isn't the killer.

The tagline being "It's always someone you know", is making me think it's too obvious to look at the cast and that they'll bring back one of the killers/someone we thought was dead from the first two movies. Even though they seemed very dead, it's the horror genre after all.

Debbie Salt hive rise!

I always felt like Scream 4 was hinting that Judy Hicks could have played a larger role in things in the aborted Scream 5/6. Just as Roman was supposedly the puppeteer for Billy and Stu perhaps Judy was the one who was making things happen in the background. Otherwise I see no reason why they had that scene with her in the shadows talking to Sidney about being at school together (and Sidney not remembering). Yes, they could could have just added it as a red herring but just seemed an odd scene. We know they re-shot the ending but if that hadn't been the case then we wouldn't have seen Judy running in trying to save them etc.

The "I'm Sidney Prescott, of course I have a gun" quote seemed corny to me on paper but Neve's weary delivery feels so natural and lived-in. She knows the character inside and out.

I'm loving the Ghostface editorial photoshoot we've been drip-fed so far. Who even needs a cast poster when he's out here serving like this.

Some of the attacks in the trailer I’m going to treat as red herrings

I'm grateful that Radio Silence and the marketing team have taken these precautions. It's fun to engage in the speculation and I don't expect to be watching the film completely spoiler-free by the time January rolls around, but at least they're going out of their way to give us surprises.

For those who are watching Scream tonight in Cinema to mark the 25th Anniversary have fun, I hope the atmosphere is just as good as it was when it first released :)

They did mention they were very careful at not revealing the big twist and avoided spoilers for the trailer, so this makes everything all the more exciting to take in. Everything we see could've been just to trick us!

who mentioned that?
I only recall the directors saying they didn’t know how the marketing was going to do with the trailer cause the plot could be easily spoiled.