The Scream Franchise | Page 192 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Also is it the actual house that was used in the original? Because the new scene clips don't really make it out to be that house. Interior, anyway.

2. The Macher house is a set, there were set pictures last year.

MC54 likes this.
  3. upload_2021-11-5_22-38-42.gif

Remorque, Stewart, ohaimanabu and 6 others like this.
  4. I really like how they are approaching Ghostface by the looks in the trailer and the promo's so far. It's giving Ghosty a more badass, epic feel that they deserve.

5. These are amazing.

constantino, Slamb, Lander and 9 others like this.
  6. I would love if the poster was similar to this

7. They didn't have to do Neve Campbell like that.

8. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

The way this is building natural hype by being simply mysterious and nostalgic. We're definitely in for a classic.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  10. The elevator pic is badass.

Steve003, sesita and johnoclock like this.
  11. Ghostface's hood looks weird.

~Paul~ likes this.
  12. In that main thumbnail shot where he's holding the knife horizontally, that outfit is not it. What tailor does Ghostface use nowadays because that's been specially made to form a perfect circle around his face. It's clearly got a solid hoop under the material, with the seam going up the middle and the material is thick.

It should look like a loose, flowy, black shroud, not a made to measure outfit.

In the other shots, the hood is loose and long and the material appears thinner and looser, as it should be.

The cover shot is clearly a totally different outfit:

lushLuck and johnoclock like this.
  13. Ah man, I get the impression there's going to be quite a few little nods like that. But that would have gone unnoticed by everybody without that tweet. That's really nice.

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I still wonder about a lot of things. When you think about it, how did the voice changer and costume become so well-known outside of the victims that died as witnesses to it? Did Ghostface leave things behind for their legacy to be made? I understand it's a movie suspended by its own crafted "reality", but just like the voice device in Scream 3, how would the new characters have been exposed to and aware of certain details of the murders that were apparently only experienced by previous victims? It make senses that the hood and other details would be off, tbh. There's no guidebook. It's really copycat engineering by chance!

15. Wasn't the whole costume a store bought halloween outfit in the movie, sold everywhere, so everyone had them potentially. The mask was left at Sid's house when she was attacked for the first time, which is how they identified where it came from.

Then I guess, the voice changer would have been found at the scene at the end of the movie and then reported on in the news/by Gale, so any subsequent copycat killers had all the details they'd need to get going. If the voice changer was a piece of tech that could be openly bought then it makes sense that others would have the same voice at their disposal in the future.

Remorque, junglefish and johnoclock like this.
  16. Uno

Uno

Yeah, in the first Scream there's a scene (just before Gale meets Dewey for the first time) of a reporter holding the mask and stating it was what the killer wore, so it became public knowledge almost immediately.

With that, Gale writing a book on the murders, the Stab movies, Sidney's eventual book, and Cotton's willingness to talk about anything for attention, I would guess everything that happened is well documented and public knowledge.

17. This easter egg has also been pointed out in the replies too, street name from the trailer.

[​IMG]

18. Amazing that this is spray painted. This is in Birmingham.

Lander, Stewart, Joe. and 6 others like this.
  19. Unrelated, but I watched someone over a course of a fews do the same for a promo of The Morning Show in Toronto. Super impressive

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.