The Scream Franchise | Page 195 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Neve looks amazing.

2. Our newbie at work looks like Timothy Olyphant circa 1998. I must not gawp.

3. New characters posters.

lushLuck, Lander, HolyWater and 9 others like this.
  4. Neve poster Is breathtaking gorgeous

5. The trio will be on Drews show in January.

ohaimanabu, lushLuck, sesita and 2 others like this.
  6. Uno

Uno

Trailer with small different/new clips was shown recently. Not HD (yet) but you can see some new bits including a slightly clearer indication of who was on fire.

Edu and Dylan like this.
  7. I know we say this a lot but does that actually reveal the killer? It looks very much like Sid is standing watching that person get cooked and doing absolutely not one thing to help. So, that could point to a final showdown, killer getting their comeuppance moment?

There is also a scene in there that looks like Ghostface setting someone/something on fire, but it looks like it's outside and in a totally different location.

8. Why are they still showing the fire scene if people already said it‘s too much of a spoiler.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Well it's clear from that that there's a lot of action in the hospital. I also think they mentioned that they're deliberately showing things to completely throw people off. I'm sure it's intentional.

sesita likes this.
  10. My take on that is...

It's a scene from a Stab movie - perhaps some meta commentary on the way slashers evolve their icons over time?

11. Edu

Edu

There's also that final shot of someone getting stabbed in front of a house during the daytime.
    The only promo pic we got from a certain character was inside her house looking scared and holding a knife during the day.
    [​IMG]

Uno likes this.
  12. Here is the rest of the casts posters and another featurette.

lushLuck, sesita, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  13. Neve's new clips in the house look great. "I've seen this movie before..."

14. Edu

Edu

Paramount annouced today during a panel that Fanta is gonna sell collectible Scream cans in Brazil.
    [​IMG]

Here's the whole panel with the new cast answering some questions and Courtney and Neve being interviewed.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    4Roses, Alenko, Uno and 2 others like this.
  15. Us little Ghosties are getting fed today. I also read a rumor that we are getting a new trailer in the next couple of days. I want to avoid it but unless I read it's super spoilery will probably give in.

Edu likes this.
  16. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

In terms of who the killer is

I wonder if they’ll take a page out of the proposed pitch for the Scream 4 sequels and reveal (one of the possibly multiple) killer(s) early on. The attack on the sister (where’s shes seriously injured but not killed) immediately makes me think Melissa’s character is involved which would be too much like Jill in Scream 4. Revealing that early on to the audience, though, could provide some cat-and-mouse tension and be new ground for them in terms of horror film commentary.

17. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Isn't the tea that in addition to the cast being more heavily POC, there's a bunch of queer female relationships that dominate the motives for the killings? Less of Melissa being directly implicated and simply related.

sesita and Alenko like this.
  18. Interesting that Vince didn‘t get a character poster. I think that really makes him an early kill.

19. They're really doing everything to make us think he's important and something to do with Billy. From the look, to the lack of surname, featuring him in the trailer and having a good actor playing him (although that's very shades of Drew Barrymore!). It's definitely starting to feel too obvious now, so I agree he's possibly just a red herring to steer conversation away from other clues.

ohaimanabu, sesita and Alenko like this.
  20. His surname is Schneider, it’s revealed in the featurette.

ohaimanabu and Alenko like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.