The Scream Franchise | Page 229 | The Popjustice Forum

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by johnny_tsunami, Jul 27, 2019.

1. This moment always shook me. For the "here we go again" attitude she had for most of the movie this scene really took it up a notch for her. I can't think of a time when she went after ghostface like this? In the past she was running away or confronted at the end with no choice but to fight. But breaking into Olivia's house to stop him was so badass.

2. Okay but why did she sound more Scottish than me and I AM Scottish? There is nothing she cannot do.

HolyWater and ~Paul~ like this.
  3. BTG

BTG

Are we tagging our theories in here or?

I’m sure she’s not working alone but it couldn’t be any more obvious that Amber is a killer.

4. Social media embargo was the 10th, reviews are on the 14th

Ignore me

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  5. Review embargo lifts tonight at 12amPT - so 14 hours to go.

Steve003, HolyWater, Mr.Arroz and 4 others like this.
  6. She's so psychotic and creepy in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood that I feel like that's why she was cast and suspected her as a killer. I don't know anything though, so I'm just going to say that I LOVED the final trailer and will revisit this thread after I've seen the film.

I'll be right back...

7. BTG

BTG

I’m so excited for Mindy. Jasmin is incredible in Yellowjackets.

Yes, totally.
    She’s also (I think) the character set alight that Sid doesn’t seem too bothered about and her big scare scene with the fridge in the final trailer seems to be a fake out.

I know she’s seen wounded in the first trailer but it’s giving Billy’s fake stabbing.

8. Seeing this tonight!

I mean…
    Amber was the alleged killer in the leaks from last year soooooo…..

9. She does seem to be the most obvious one, but given some of the comments about the third act, I am absolutely positive we can't guess the killer just from what we've seen.

Also, physicality matters. We haven't seen enough of Ghostface attacking to get a proper view, but it should be fairly easy to tell if it's her based on her physical size next to other characters, like Sid or Dewey, and then seeing how Ghostface stacks up.

aboutyounow likes this.
  10. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I'm just wondering how they're going to visualize red herrings in this film. That's always one of the biggest draws.

11. Any Spoilers please?

12. Having a final trailer right before the release featuring the great reviews? So good. If the movie fails at the box office it has nothing to do with the marketing this time.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Has physicality always been a concrete factor? In Scream 4 Jill was nowhere near as big as what deaths suggested. I think a lot is suspended during kills and the unmaskings.

14. My future husband sorting the central Asian promo. King.

15. That reminds me that they cut the “go ahead if you’ve got the guts” line. Rude.

16. I really hope the other sequels eventually make it to 4K. Scream 2 would look great!

17. Yeah I forgot about Jill and you're right, that doesn't work. Ghostface didn't move or look like Jill at all.

There's definitely a bit of creative freedom involved. The more you think about it, it just makes no sense. How many times have we seen Ghostface kicked or punched in the face, yet there's no marks or bruises to be seen on the killers out of the masks. Perhaps that's just another clever dig at the absurdity of the slasher genre...

I'm thinking this is going to get an excellent Rotten Tomatoes score tomorrow, based on those early reactions. I can already hear some reviews saying it trips itself up being "too meta" and bla bla bla, but I think overall this is going to be well received. Which should help the box office too.

ohaimanabu, Mr.Arroz and Uno like this.
  18. This. I really need 2 and 3 in 4K.

4 can stay rotting.

ohaimanabu and johnoclock like this.
  19. On the bruise front, it's pretty funny that the morning after Casey is killed, Stu is checking his forehead in the mirror because that's where she hit him with the phone. One of those cute little details. But yeah, Ghostfaces are largely unscathed other than Mickey who gets pretty banged up in the crash. Until they die, that is.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.